• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ever have anybody come over and look at your car with you

pkbinplano

there and then start fidgeting with things on it ? Jiggeling the trim , rubbing my new raised rundels, squeezing the headrest, etc ? It's not a F**king squeeze toy for pete's sake. I really hate it when the rub their hand across the paint. STEP BACK AND LEAVE THE CAR ALONE !!! It's not a trailer queen but still. Damn Just my 02 worth. LOL

i dont think they mean any harm. they are just ignorant. people want to feel how smooth the paint is. it literally drives me insane. some little kid was pawing my car and leaning all over it at vintagefest as his father asked me questions and watched his kid do it. not a word was said to the kid. its not the kids fault.. nobody has ever taught them. its not yours, dont touch it

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

That annoys me to no end...I am not yet in that position with this car, but with my black Carrera it was a nightmare....First of all black is soooo hard to maintain...and easy to scratch. It would get polished twice a month. Once I was doing the brakes and I couldnt for the life of me get the pad out of the caliper. It was free but would coume out...My neighbor who is about 75 and NOT mechanically inclined walked over, grabbed a screwdriver and proceeded to prod and yank on the brembos!!!! I was like whoah! He was only trying to help, but I thought that was the ultimate...

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

I used to LOVE working car shows when i worked for HUMMER. People would actually drop their kids off at the car show and let them run wild - like it was romper room!

One year we had a HUMMER wagon on display. The truck was locked, but we left the back doors open so people could see inside. I watched a guy pick up his kid, put him in the back, and tell him to go open the door for daddy... I walked over grabbed his kid and took him out of the truck. The father got in my face and told me to take my hands off his kid. I told him, his kid wasnt supposed to be climbing around in the $120,000 truck and that it was locked for a reason. He grabbed his kid and left.

Just when i thought all humanity had gone to hell in a handbasket, i watched another father grab his sons hand as he reached for the truck and say "you will ask before you touch" I walked up shook the man's hand, and told him i wished that more people were like him. Then i opened the truck and let them both have a sit inside.

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A

I brought my 73 to my friends wedding. He had his bride sit on my hood to take a picture. I walked up after they had done it and the photographer was like, will that support her. I had to play it off, but some people are just clueless.

Joseph O'Neil

73 02 - Polaris - 2587250

67 2000 TiLux- Chamonix - 1451152

Hi tiitouring02:

What exactly is a "Canadian spec" 2000Tii Touring?

I have lurid visions of beaver pelt seat covers and a vanity license plate BMW Eh? Course if it truly was a Canadian it would have been reduced to rust by a steady 12 month a year diet of rock salt.

The above said in the spirit of good humour. On the topic of the shits pawing our cars - I keep mine covered in a fine patina of dust that makes their clothes look dirty if they get too close. Plus my ski racer daughters have taught me to spit with devastating accuracy.

Doug in Canada, eh?

If we learn from our mistakes does that mean I have to make them all?

73 CS Polaris
76 2002a Sahara

You need a Beater Paul. No one comes or parks within 10ft of it. Look how far Steve parked from Da Beater at V@V!

So true! Same happens to me until I start it up to drive away. They turn around and give me that "doesn't sound like a M10" look. Then they all want me to lift the hood or they start to poke their heads under the car. People are funny....