• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 2002 BMW sitting for almost 20 years

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So i just recently found out that my aunt purchased a 1972 BMW 2002 in 1990 when she first got married. It was in good condition, ran well, not many dings and bumps, all original glass and interior. However once they got married they almost immediately(3months later) moved out of the urban area of virginia to the country. The bmw was transported in a tractor trailer and the BMW was never removed from the trailer and is still sitting on her property. Just yesterday we were talking and she is going to give me the vehicle as long as i take care of it and restore it. She said I could pretty much do whatever i want to it since she isnt being crazy and making me restore it to oem parts (which would be insane in my opinion). This weekend I am going to go and look at it inside the trailer and see its condition. Are there any things that my fellow BMW 2002 FAQ members know that i need to look at for since its been sitting so long? i know about body rust, glass, inerior and all, but im not sure about what actual engine parts would need replacing if any. I'm assuming most rubber (hoses, tires, etc) will need replacing. One of my first goals after getting it out of the trailer is to empty all the fluids, and clean up everything in general.

• 2 weeks later...