• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tesla roadster sighting

dubois

A block from the shop, I see the car. I stopped to take a closer look, I see the owner talking to another guy. It looked to me very similar to a Lotus Elise. The owner asked me if I knew what it was, of course I replied, this car can go 0-60 in less than 4 secs. Well, I can tell you it is faster than my Ferrari - Ok, I get it - you are rich, like I didn't know that before! I asked him if he didn't mind me waiting around, since I wanted to see him taking off. After a couple of minutes, I got to witness a 4 sec 0-60. Not very impressive may I add. The car accelerated, yes, but it sure sounded like an electric car - sorry it is an electric car. Somehow I know that I will never get used to that sound or lack of. I want my cars to sound manly (not being sexist, but how else can I describe it?), I need that extra dimension, feedback, simphony, sound stimulation - whatever - you know what I mean.

So, I faked a dishonest "WOW", and mentioned to the other guy : to think that that little car is worth $100k! It is more like $150k he said. Oh wow (I am impressed - not), and who is the driver? Oh, I just do concrete work for him (top secret stuff - in Hollister?).

I hope no Tesla owners on this board - forgive me, it is probably a great car.

FAQ Member # 91

Perhaps better that way, then. We won't have him to help drive prices upwards!

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

You should have invited him to follow you down QienSabe (you in Bacchus of course)!

Cheers,

Ray

Hell no!, I could never forgive him for his quick single take on Bacchus, followed by the disdain look on his face ...

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I see them around the BayArea a couple of times a month. I saw one parked at San Jose (at the AC/DC concert...Refueling?) with a license plate frame that said "Your Prius sucks gas".

Do a search and watch Top Gear when they were testing the Tesla's, or is it Tesli?

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I saw 2 when I was on vaca in Ca! A silver one in Frisco (sorry Delia)

I just saw a black one in "The City" (i.e., S.F., but not Frisco) a few days ago.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

I'm impressed with the Tesla in terms of design and engineering, but the lack of sound related to performance is unnerving to my senses.

The electric car will have a generation or more of re-aclimating the public to this "brave (and silent) new world."

Sports cars by definition are raucous, noisy, harsh contraptions and this one deserves, at the very least, some kind of exterior sound system to imitate the more conventional internal combustion processes of its coveted rivals.

That said, the Tesla is truly a "whispering bomb."

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com