• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

inkjet sensation?

robspeed

im shopping for an inkjet to do high-quality brochures for the iFix business, and was just wondering if anyone had a recommendation. i would like to stay away from HP due to many nightmare stories from customers when i worked at the PC repair shop before moving here to the terre haute area. the stories had to do with the laptop and desktop computers mostly, not printers, but the HP customer service was also dreadful when it came time to back up their crappy systems.

so that leaves canon, lexmark, etc.

This Canon in particular looks like a pretty good deal: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828102316

I'm also a bit concerned about per-page costs as i intend to put out some volume with this thing, of full-page color brochures for distribution to local businesses... I've considered just saving the $90 + $50 or so for a round of ink refills and just having kinkos or officemax or a local printshop do them for me, but kinkos/officemax wants about $0.50 a page. even considering the cost of the printer, that's less than 300 pages before i come even on the printer investment.

anyway, just thought id ask...

hubby and i have lexmark, HP...Brother & epson in our offices and have use just about every printer available...all have their issues and you're correct, HP's service stinks...i'll never buy another

i recently took a chance and bought a newcomer...a Kodak ESP-3 at walmart i think it was about $90.00....it prints faster than any printer i've ever owner (on draft) and cartridges are $9.95

i'd buy another and would highly suggest giving it a spin around the block...if you're not happy...walmart will take it back, no questions ask'd

hubby and i have lexmark, HP...Brother & epson in our offices and have use just about every printer available...all have their issues and you're correct, HP's service stinks...i'll never buy another

i recently took a chance and bought a newcomer...a Kodak ESP-3 at walmart i think it was about $90.00....it prints faster than any printer i've ever owner (on draft) and cartridges are $9.95

i'd buy another and would highly suggest giving it a spin around the block...if you're not happy...walmart will take it back, no questions ask'd

do you use it for text or photos? i was looking at the walmart printers yesterday, still need to do more research but im leaning towards the canons...

That Kodak got a really crappy review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/kodak-esp-3/4505-3181_7-32915926.html

Im still leaning towards this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828102316