• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

nickhead

Hi Guys,

i've just aquired myself a 1975 1602

i tend to do a lot of trackdays so this is a strange car for me to get involved in, but i fancy something to potter around in and i like the style.

anyways i took a few snaps with the camera phone today.

there is a rough plan...

MOT it,

replace/repair panels

spray it

lower it

put some tiny tyres on it

drive it

something along those lines anyway!

its been stood for 7 years but is in really good shape underneath, it seems to be the doors and bonnet that are worst hit with rust.

it started with a fresh battery and some fuel with only a sticky choke to worry about! i managed to drive it onto the trailor to get it home

i also got myself an extra set of wheels with it. (in the boot)

let me know what you think

Nick

26092009146.jpg

26092009147.jpg

26092009148.jpg

26092009149.jpg

26092009150.jpg

26092009151.jpg

it was a private sale a local find. cost me £400 as it is with both sets of wheels. bargain i think.

both sets are 13" i think ill be going for some seriously small tyres on the 5 spoke wheels and try them, either that or some 8" minilites!

thanks for all the comments guys!

anybody have any idea where i can get replacement doors!!?! in the Uk?

Greetings.

What's up with the front grilles? Either you have a pre '74 nose panel with correct side grilles and wrong (upside down?) centre grille, or you have the wrong side grilles. If your 1602 still has the correct '74-'76 nose panel, then you need the "late" black plastic side grilles (cheap). You can then sell the "early" metal grilles for some serious coin.

Have fun; these '02s are addictive.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

bit of an update already.

replaced the lead from the battery to the starter and wacked the saxo battery on it, starts 1st time everytime now, lubed the choke cable.

swapped the wheels over and took it for a mini blast down my road...

...i think the brakes need fluid, the clutch is a bit delayed which might just want some lube or it might soften over time,

plan A: book for mot this week!!

anywho...

27092009152.jpg

27092009153.jpg

27092009154.jpg

27092009155.jpg

im not too sure about the grills, im new to these BMW's the only other bimmer i've had is a 1995 740 lol

ill get hunting for the other grill then i guess,

i've heard about jaymic, ill check it out thanks for the link!