• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Cash for Clunkers trade in list

Gordon

WTF, an M3, M5, 850i, a 2000 E46 323i conv, etc...Wow, check out the list of cars that were traded in for C4C. Then again, the cars we view as enthusiast cars may have rust buckets, salvage title, etc...

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/24/shed-a-tear-for-clunkers-that-deserved-better/

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

Thats the only way I can figure they got traded in. Autoblog had a list of all the "green" vehicles that got traded in too: http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/26/top-ten-green-cars-that-met-their-fate-during-cash-for-clunker/

I can only hope these things barely ran, were falling apart, or were completely stripped... Nobody said it had to have a full interior. I don't know that it even had to run, now that I think about it. Some of those cars are just too new though... I think someone clicked the wrong box or fudged some numbers or something. Too many cars I would have paid $4500 to save... Or at least bought, parted out and made money on!

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

If they were all 1990's BMW's, then I would believe they all had major electronics issues. E46 3rd brake light assy = $150, lamp control module=$?, central locking system=$?. Those things add up, quick!

Nikasil blocked 7's?

Probably some shrewd trades there.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

'91. Sigh...I somehow can't imagine that S14 engine filled with glycol and redlined 'till it seized. I coulda used that crankshaft...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite