• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Haggerty or Grundy ????

fast2002

I have Hagerty on three cars and have been very happy with their service. My daughter's '02 was trashed in a hail storm and they shelled out $4600 for repairs without batting an eye. We had paid them a grand total of $72.00 in premiums over the previous two years so they didn't make any money on that deal. They did not raise the premiums, only recommended increasing coverage after we sent photos after repair.

They only want to know where the car is garaged and an estimate of miles driven per year. I tell them 2500 on each car- no questions. I think they also require a "regular" car with "regular" insurance for every licensed driver in the household but I'm not sure of that.

If I remember correctly, full coverage, zero deductable for $11,000 value was $42.00/yr on the '72 and same coverage, $5,000 value on the '73 was $36.00/yr.

Fritz Bimmer

72 Golf

73 Chamonix

66 P car

Guest Anonymous

Definitely +1 on Hagerty....

Parish heacock has given a friend of mine trouble... Grundy, haven't heard specifically, but you always hear nothing but happy customers with hagerty. There is also Sneed, with a generous "drive to work" policy...

All of the above seem to have loosened their "no drive to work requirements" actually, I recently had a Hagerty agent tell me I could drive my classic sto work "now and then" as long as it wasn't my primary driver. And an insurance guru pointed out to me that their documents don;t exclude driving to work either, you just need to have a primary driver...

Good deal... But remember, like any other insurance policy, classic policies don't cover jack-$h%t if you don't respect their restrictions...

Hagerty + 1 more I have had it for 4 years they let you pick the value then insure on that. Ask for a picture in garage, and a daily driver for each insured in the house. $144 a year in Florida.

75 2002: weber, ANSA, lowered, 14" wheels, new engine, new suspension, rust free & square.

I have two 2002's insured with Hagerty on assigned valuation. They recently paid for repairs due to paint overspray by my storage facility after the painter waffled on payment. Quick settlement when they could have jerked me around.

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold