• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Innocenti Mini for sale

ash00

Hey guys,

Bills are coming in hard, and I just had my neck cortizone shot which is a prep for my surgery. The toys have gotta go.

I had no luck with the 2002, but I'm trying to find a good home for the mini.

This is a true Innocenti Mini, including all little differences including winged windows, slightly different headlights, different front grill, but mechanically similar.

I bought this about 2.5 years ago and was lusting after an Inno for a LONG time. I drove it happily for a few months before it started smoking really badly and finally after the 07 melee which I was copiloting with Davin and his 02, I was driving home and blew one of the main bearings. From that point, I went through an ENTIRE mechanical rebuild:

-New tranny from MiniMania

-New 1275 built by terry tinney in livermore

-272 cam

-Pertronix flame thrower distributor

-Bosch Blue coil

-Two row brass radiator

-LCB header/exhaust and Pierce manifolds intake for clearance

-new weber 32/36 (keep with the Italian theme)

-new steering rack along with all new ball joints, spindles, etc

-new GAZ adjustable shocks

-new blue springs

-new urethanes

-new adj. front radius rod and control arms

-new 7.5" discs with 6"x10" minilite clones with new falken tires

-Lightweight flywheel

-stainless steel braided lines

-new clutch hydraulics

-new brake/clutch MC with remade hardlines

All the original pieces (including the original block) will be

included (including drum brakes, SU Carb and campagonolo 10" wheels) in any

case you want to bring it to "completely" stock. I wanted to keep

this as close to stock as possible, but still make it driveable

everyday. I didn't want to build a show/garage queen so I had to draw the line at the body. Hence, no hacking with the VTEC. That'll be for the next mini whenever I find another job!

The kicker:

There is a bit of rust here and there. These are all the common areas, but the worst is the driver foot

well where there's a little hole right where the rocker meets. The

seams along the front fenders have a little surface rust as well,

along with the rear wheel arches (not the suspension pickups). There

is no carpet since I was planning on replacing the floorboards, but

wanted to get it ready for the melee and decided to hold off until I

had more money for a complete body resto/paint job. I have a set of rockers/floorboards also.

I have about 18K in reciepts and I'm sure i'm missing a few new things

here and there. I've been driving this car every so often but I think

It survived the melee with no major hiccups other than a few electrical gremlins.

-The front left low beam doesn't want to turn on even after replacing the bulb, and the left turn signal stays on- so there is a ground issue. I added a set of the hella fogs at about 7pm (with a relay) before I tried to leave for the chug a lug which worked

-The speedometer (kph) doesnt work, and I have a new cable that I didn't install yet

-The zerk fittings on the bottom ball joints came off so I have to clean them out and regrease/reinstall. The assembly process requires them to be "worn" in anyway using lapping compound so now they are officially broken in!

- The clutch is acting up requiring a couple pumps per shift. It looks like a slight pin hole leak on the slave cylinder that occured on the last day ride home.

-The car was just under the red during the really hot moments of the first day but ran cool the rest of the time. The oil is fine as is the oil pressure (there is a oil pressure regulator on the block). I flushed the system before and did a 75/25 DI water/coolant + water wetter mix, so I'm sure its a timing issue perhaps.

All the stuff is basically brand new, and I just wrapped everything up about a month ago. Ive been driving it around town but with the melee, I probably have under 1000 miles on everything.

I'd like to set it out for $13,500/ obo.

Here are some more pics on Picasa:

http://picasaweb.google.com/aashish.dalal/Mini02?feat=directlink

Thanks,

Aashish

1969 BMW 2002--I gotta finish this damn thing

1987 BMW 325is--S52 Monster

1975 Innocenti Mini 1001-- the most cost dense car ever!

1995 318ti

2004 BMW 330i ZHP

2004 Toyota Tacoma (gotta have something reliable!)--can't live without