• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Someone must be smoking crack...

as 2002 tail lights.

The Touring tail lights are larger and made from pure unobtanium.

They're worth whatever someone will pay for them, it's not fair to compare them to what you paid for your last car or what W & N might be charging for 2002 rear lights.

If you need them, you need them.

John N

it's not fair to compare them to what you paid for your last car or what W & N might be charging for 2002 rear lights.

My quote about W & N was for TOURING rear lights, and was pertinent. Assuming W & N do still have them (yes acording to their current price list) then it shows this Ebayer is not a million miles away with his "start" price with free shipping. $1200 "buy it now" is trying it on, but most Ebay Sellers do that.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• Alpina

I believe is a fair price for a set of touring tail lights, as the reflectors are NLA!

touring lights are a 4 piece assembly while other 02's are 3piece and smaller!

-reflector housing

-seal

-chrome ring

-lense

thank god I have a couple of spare tailights for my touring as I really don't want to pay that much for a set!

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

You think he'd throw in some bulbs and 4 nuts?!!

If anyone with a Touring in the States is tempted with this auction please drop me a line first - I've got a heap of Touring stuff sitting in my garage and could do with a holiday to the Caribbean. Only have one spare set of rear lights mind, but that does make them the last of their kind.

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg

What the heck are you girls whining about now???

Believe it or not, I have a few things to say…

First of all, I haven’t smoked crack since the 80’s! Second, I am not going to give away the only set of COMPLETE Touring Taillights, in the U.S….Wait! What? AND, also Europe? No Kidding! Looks as if you didn’t fact check, but that’s okay, most people who post negative things are usually spouting things in which they know not.

The fact is, the companies selling these new (not used, Manimal), do not have complete sets, they have imcomplete parts ranging from about $250 to $340 in the United States. Germany has 1 side complete, with shipping for $450. The other taillight is not complete. Again, this is a complete set. It’s not sold anywhere. Not in the US, not in Europe, not anywhere!

Third, between the things that I do, and most importantly, what John does, for our BMW community, I think your criticism, is in really poor taste. It’s also completely uncalled for. You can’t put a price on something that is no longer available. Personally, I believe that I came up with a price that isn’t too much more than what any of these other companies would be selling them for, if the parts were still available, and you know what? If they were still available, we would be cheaper! We have been more than fair with the parts that we have sold…and GIVEN AWAY! Prices are always less than what other companies are selling them for. If we have an item we think is beyond normal, that is brand new, and not available any longer, why yes, sometimes we put them up at a higher price. Any of you are more than welcome to email and ask if we would take less. This is America (I think it still is). In fact, I have listed them with ‘make an offer’, and none of you have put forth your thoughts on things. This is pretty much a family-based community. Most of us know each other, or of each other. If you have some insight on things, it is your responsibility to add your comments. Being negative, and a dick, doesn’t do anybody any good, and just makes you sound like a bitch.

These parts take up an 11 x 7 x 7 spot on our shelf. That’s not much room. And, you know what? If we sell them, that’s okay, if we don’t, well, that’s okay too. At least I have made Kris giggle and shit his pants. That thought alone makes it worth it.

Alexis

BTW, I wrote this this morning, and held off sending it, cause I think about things before I write them, but many thanks to the few of you who ‘stuck up’ for us. We aren’t trying to rip anybody off, and we actually really do care about our BMW buddies. Anybody who knows us, knows that. So, thanks!

Oh, and I don’t have 4 bulbs and 4 nuts, or you bet, I’d ‘throw them in’!

www.vintageBMWsource.com

Hope you get your price Alexis. It just means more interest in these cars...and that's OK with me. I am, however, thankful that we on the FAQ try to cut each other good deals on parts we no longer need and aren't used to seeing these kind of prices. Am I right? Having said that, I respect what you have and what you do. Press on dude.

1974 polaris A 4281992 (total resto with 5-spd conversion)

1976 jadegrun 2744974 (sold then killed by the new owner, grrrr!)

1976 sahara A 2392532 (sold)

1971 nevada 2571108(RIP)

It's called cars....

Actually - I'm going to stick up for them a bit. If you check their e-bay listings, they have a BMW factory reman Getrag 245 transmission for $1900. I've actually been thinking about this - buying a factory re-man G245 box.

Straight from Max -

P/n 23001209775 $3,135.19

You have no idea how many times I've thought about e-mailing Blunt and checking.....

Why, you might ask? Stupid expensive. So many E21 G245 boxes out there in scrap yards. Why spend this much?

I'll tell ya why. It's new. I like that. I don't want to have to worry about a box with 180,000 miles on it. I like new. I'm weird. Just how I am...

Somewhere out there is someone with a 99% cherry Touring (besides Bill Williams). And they are looking for taillights. And, they'll want these. Someday, buyer and correct price will meet.

Or not....

All I know - I'm saving money for a re-man G245. If I scrape up $1900, and this one is still for sale, I'm gettin' it. Otherwise, I'm going to save up 3135.19 (plus shipping) and call my friend Steve in God's Country.....

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

In that case, my check for the value of your car is in the mail!

;-p

Cheers,

Ray

Can I cut out the rear panel on my 72 tii and install these larger touring taillights? That would double the value of my car.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Thanks Ken! You let us know when you're ready for the tranny. We'll do what we reasonably can to help out.

Hi Bill! How's tricks? Yes, we do like the interest in these cars, they've been (slowly) finally getting the recognition they deserve! As for cost, it's always good if they go up in price (unless you're looking to buy one). How about that $30,000 tii, remember that (huh? You remember... Jeff?)? I member! Things have sure changed in the past, what? 4 or 5 months? Prices are way down now! If you've got the cash right now, you could sure walk away with a pretty sweet ride, and an exellent deal, where the economy will hopefully catch up to what it was at (soon!).

Realistically, I guess it's lucky we aren't selling some of these things right now, we'de probably just spend it on another car. Don't get me wrong, having about 20 of 'em, isn't so bad, but sometimes you just gotta stop! Oh, and they aren't for profit! These are either daily drivers, too nice to sell, or projects.

Also, it's 'dudette'. John's the 'dude'...he's also the one who always gives things away. (The wife is always the harder of the duo ;)

Talk to you later.

Alexis

www.vintageBMWsource.com