• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

can you move a ton of goods 400 miles on a gallon of fuel?

dubois

There are some roundabouts up near Truckee. I believe they put them in for when the snow falls. You don't want to stop, you want to keep moving = less cars getting stuck.

Every time our car rally goes through there it is the same thing. Most American drivers DON'T HAVE A CLUE what to do with roundabouts and come to a full stop. I wish they were two-lane roundabouts so we could atleast pass these stopped cars on the outside.

4 way stops are not much better. I know these are covered in the drivers handbook, but it seems people have a lot of problems trying to figure out who gets a turn.

Fully controlled traffic lights are unfortunately needed.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

We had roundabouts on my college campus (where the large majority of students bike to class. Go Gauchos!)

It was always entertaining to see the girls in first gear (of 21) cause accidents in them. By soph/junior year, most people had figured out how to match the speed of traffic, enter, and exit, or at least fly through the middle and avoid everyone. If everyone was introduced to them that way, a lot of the teething issues might be avoided. Bike accidents are generally less expensive than car accidents... aside from some scraped knees.

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD

four way stops, has to be an US only thing. I had a visitor from the UK, and he saw that there were three other stops at the intersection, he flew right by our stop! I don't think he had ever seen one before, I started yelling: STOP! STOP! STOP!, but it was too late! In the usual Britt humor he said: was I supposed to had stopped there?

FAQ Member # 91