• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

signs the ebay BMW parts apocalypse is nigh

And 17 bids on it... Thats pretty sad.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Like they say, There's a sucker born every minute. This poor bastard paid more for this part than I paid for my 2002!

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

But it's the thrill... Ahhh haa I beat you out.

Some people just love paying more than retail.

I don't know prices but if that is true that Max/Blunt has them and you can get them for that price then these guys are truly suckers.

Why can't I find these boneheads when I put something on Fleabay.

we, here at FAQ are undoubtedly only a small percentage of 2oo2 owners in the US...no all owners are as savvy as we give our selves credit for being and are unaware of the 'real' price of a part or how to find the replacement they may need....thus...ignorance and/or not caring and having the funds to pay the higher prices supports the ebay vendors like the one mention'd here

I must admit I was a sucker five years ago before I discovered FAQ. I also had more financial ability (no wife, kid etc) to burn my cash on rare parts and I didn't give a shit. I still don't but I am more careful now.There is a learning curve like anything else. On the other hand, despite our bitching and crying about the prices, ebay provides a nice platform to sell/find rare parts to the rest of the 2002 owners, which is good for our little community. You can also make a killing once in a while, or get great deals if you are smart and patient. Prior to getting into 2002s, I used to restore and sell vintage audio hi-fi, mostly vacuum tube gear, and without ebay it would have been impossible.

I must admit I was a sucker five years ago before I discovered FAQ.

Yeah, me too. Even though my current 108K mile `76 was picked up for less than that repair panel (with a blown head gasket), I just finished paying off the personal loan that I go to buy the car before that one, which was a total scam. We all have to learn somewhere!

ClayW
1967 1600-2 - M42 - 1521145          Follow my project at www.TX02.blogspot.com          E30 DD Project Blog