• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Das Schwein

Mike_B

In case anyone missed the pictures from last weekend's NCC Chapterfest in MD:

Here is Phil Ackley's '71 2002 with pigcheek flares. This car is FAST! I had the pleasure of being part of a 4-car caravan from VA to MD last Saturday.

Left-to-right: Me, Marshall Lytle, Phil and Ian Powell

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Phil won the award: Vintage Car I most want to drive

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Royal Red 69 VW Squareback built 8/13/68 “Patty”

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've attached a photo of what we are shooting for visually. The color, as of now, will be Porsche Bahama Yellow ( http://www.audettecollection.com/306607/ ) with a satin black hood/trunk.

Jeeez, Louize, that '67 911 is beautiful! Another great color is "Ossi blue" (see the 11/09 issue of Hemmings S&E magazine page 90 for this color on a '68 912).

Jim Gerock

Ossi Blue is a great color. I also love Olive. I had this car in the shop for a suspension overhaul a few years ago. It looks sweet in person. The 7x15 blacked out Fuchs give the car a bad-ass appearance.

olive1011117200831.jpg

BMW and Porsche has some awesome colors in the late 60's / early 70's.

Mike -

That Olive-colored 911 looks like butternut. Back in the day, lots of VW's in were re-painted with Porsche colors (and still are - like my car).

Jim Gerock

The car is going to the blaster next week to get cleaned up before the flare/body work starts.

The wheel choice has changed a bit as I am concerned about 13" tire selection for normal street use. I found a set of rebuilt staggered 3-pc Epsilon wheels in 7x15 and 8x15 (2" lip / 3" lip) with gun metal centers. I think they will look pretty sweet with the Bahama Yellow paint.

Picture%20393.jpg

Picture%20402.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A few updates...

The outer rockers were removed to prep for the install of the trellis re-inforcement pieces. During that process about 30 lbs of media blasting material from the prior chassis refresh was removed. Good thing we took off the rockers or we would have never noticed the debris. SCR also prepped the chassis for the flares at this time.

Next the chassis was taken down to bare metal and epoxy primed. This is where we are at today awaiting some new doors (originals were toast) and FG hood/trunk from the on-going group buy (Thanks Mike!).

SCR has taken photos and I will post them as soon I as receive them.

In the mean time, I picked up a set of roundie tail lights from Kris that needed a bit of restoration. The chrome was perfect from a previous re-plate, but the plastic lenses needed a bit of work. Some gentle wet-sanding (2000 grit), next was Mothers Polish, then Meguires Plastic Cleaner/Polish. There was some left over moisture in the lenses from the initial was, but a convection oven at 180 degrees baked that right out and they dried crystal clear. The photos don't seem to do them justice, but they look fantastic.

IMG_3235.JPG

IMG_3240.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

We have been making great progress on the car.

SCR has completed the rocker reinforcements on the driver's side, and will complete the passenger later today. They have been very thorough about rust removal and brush priming areas that are being covered up during the metalwork. The tail panel has been removed and the donor prepped for installation. A set of clean doors should have arrived from CA (Thanks Le!) as the originals would have required a lot of work due to the pin holes revealed during media blasting.

They will prime the entire car once the pending metalwork is finished.

001.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

023.jpg

025.jpg

026.jpg

100_1059.jpg

088.jpg

090.jpg

100_1024.jpg

• 1 month later...