• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: I'm a dad!

dlhoovler

I thought some of you folks would like to know--our little guy arrived very early Thursday morning! Mom and baby are fine. Wilson David Hoovler was 8 lbs., 13 oz., 22 inches. Cutest baby in history. (Some bias may be affecting that statement, but not much.)

Wilson was my late father's middle name. Many of you know that my dad bought my '02 new in 1971, and he was my best friend. Now I get to introduce a new generation to the joys of '02ing!

Our preparations for Wilson and our house search have been the main reasons I haven't been quite as active on the board as I used to be. We close on the house on Oct. 15, and then I'll have my own garage to boot! Just no time to work in it, I'm sure...

-Dave

post-246-1366761337947_thumb.jpg

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Dave,

Hearty Congratulations!

Fatherhood will change everything in your world...for the better.

You will be an excellent father and as they say, enjoy it-it really does go by quickly. Closing on a home with your first garage is just icing on the cake. Well earned and well deserved.

Best wishes!

George Thielen

74 inka

3 girls, 10, 9 and 6

www.mobileinspections.com Pre-purchase inspections and appraisals. ...."your greatest resource when buying a used vehicle"

Congratulations, Dave. Welcome to the world, young Wilson David. What a great name for such a handsome little 02er!

William

72 BMW 2002tii Inka, Tip Top

92 BMW 318ic, Wolfgang

07 Mini Cooper, MC

72 BMW 2002tii Malaga - stricken

Congratulations! Did your wife let you install a car seat in the 02 and drive your baby home from the hospital? Saw your car in the BavAuto catalog last month - looked very nice.

Being a parent changes everything for the better - enjoy.

-Marc

'73 2002 (Agave) - Horst

congrats to you guys! having a little one and the 02 is the greatest in the world.

my two LOVE going for a ride in "dad's orange car". to them it's really the best car we have to drive (i can't blame them).

best to you guys!

Dave

Pittsburgh, PA

67.5 Datsun Roadster

72 2002 Colorado

89 325ix

99 318ti

04 x5 3.0

Congratulations on your bundle of joy, Dave!

My father's first name was Wilson, and my father-in-law's middle name was Wilson too.

Best,

Richard

San Francisco

'67 1600-2 restomod project moribund

-----------------

"Got a sweater for a gift. Really wanted a screamer or a moaner."