• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OT: I'm a dad!

dlhoovler

WOOOHOOOOO!

That's one you just want to shout from the rooftops.

Congrats on becoming a family you three!

Work on making the new garage child friendly- nasty stuff in cabinets with locks, and a space for his stuff.

And when you go buy a screwdriver, buy one for you and one for your son. Build his tool kit as he grows. It was kind of nice when my son was growing up: I'd be under the car and ask him for a #2 Philips. At age three and a half he would bring me one of his screwdrivers that I could actually use.

Great news Dave!

Now you will become your father...that's a good thing.

Steve & Dana J

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

HA! You can think of yourself as the namesake if you like. And we just realized--your name sounds like one we could have chosen if we were concerned about including both sides of the family. My father-in-law's first name is Larry...

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

I appreciate the warm wishes. Wilson's riding home in the Buick, but I do plan to get less user-hostile seat belts in the '02 soon to accommodate a child seat. Actually, I might wait until he can hold his head up a bit better first, so he can get the REAL '02 experience...

Don't tell Ginger I said that. ;-)

-Dave

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Congratulations!!!!!!

You will love being a Dad. Anna (now 2.5 years old) says "Daddy is going faster and faster!"

Was that you I bought that block from?

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

John,

Thanks for the encouragement--but I know my Colorado car ain't as "faster" as yours!

-Dave

Ah yes,

Not to worry, Your o2 is a lot faster than mine right now.... Plus all the family history is so important.

Once again, congratulations to all 3 of you.

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

I appreciate the warm wishes. Wilson's riding home in the Buick, but I do plan to get less user-hostile seat belts in the '02 soon to accommodate a child seat. Actually, I might wait until he can hold his head up a bit better first, so he can get the REAL '02 experience...

Don't tell Ginger I said that. ;-)

-Dave

Congrats! I'm also a new father... well, 5 months now. It's a blast! And, we also named him after my dad (and me)... John David III.

Once he can hold his head up, you need to find a Recaro child seat. They're pretty sweet! I have mine (well, his) already picked out!

'76 2002 - Sahara

'05 ///M3 ZCP - Alpine White