• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In MÜNCHEN today, visiting the Mother Ship tomorrow...

bmw_jeff

Im at my hotel in Munich, just less than a mile from BMW Welt and Museum. My wife and I plan to visit all day tomorrow. I will take plenty of pics of any 02s they have and post them when I get back next week. I know the 66-67 1600 they have there was not 'correctly' restored for a 66-67 car so I plan to discuss with the museum caretaker :) Its also Oktoberfest this week so everyone is drunk in their leiderhosen. Ive only seen 3 oldtimer cars so far, but one as a nicely restored 64 1500 sedan! Also an old 30s era car on the autobahn and a 60s Land Rover. Not many oldies on the road here. And every other BMW is a Touring, if not more than 50%...

Jeff
1975 Alfa Romeo GT1300Junior w/1600 transplant (I'm still stuck on 1600's LOL)
2006 M3 White/Red - Orig Owner,6spd,ZCP, sunroof delete
SOLD 1967 1600 #1517644 "Florida"/Brown w/sunroof, SOLD 1968 1600 #1564660, RIP 1970 1600

Hey I just got back from Munchen good times !!! I was there for Octoberfest I also went to Berlin and Frankfurt and didn't see one 02 ?

Dudley

71 BMW 2002 "Von Eiff" gone baby gone

73 BMW 2002 " Mingus "

04 BMW X5

75 Triumph Tr6

00 CLK 430 Conv

Honda Elite Scooter

Vespa Ciao

We all hate you.

Go choke on your beer.

:^)

Really, have a great time!

See all the sites, take pictures, get the T-shirt.

We're envious.

I will be there next summer.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see the "wrongs" on the 1600 when I visited the museum last month. I made me feel a little better though to see the way the hood fits on that car. All in all a very nice place though with some pretty awesome vehicles.

Dirk

BMW Classic Car Club of America - www.bmwccca.com

'73 2002 tii - '72 2002 (targa) Cabriolet - '71 2002 (voll) Cabriolet - '71 2002 Rally - '71 2002 Alpina A2 - '70 2002 ti - '68 1600 GT - '65 1800 TI

I was there at Oktoberfest, BMW world, and the museum this time last year. I highly recommend that you do not go to Oktoberfest on a weekend, it's way too crowded. Go on a weekday and you'll enjoy it much better. You will notice that you will not see old cars around except at the museum. It's very rare that you will ever see an 02, E12/E21, etc... on the road.

G-Man

74 tii (many mods)
91 318i M42

07 4Runner

If you have the time, you should also visit das Deutsche Museum ("Deutsches Museum") in Munich.

Plan to spend the whole day there. It is absolutely fantastic.

http://www.deutsches-museum.de/information/

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

I picked up my 335i there a couple of years ago. It was a blast, we then drove a bit around Germany and headed over to Paris for four days. Took her on the Champagne road coming back to Germany and finished off a couple of days in Heidelberg before going back to Munich. It was a blast. Had the opportunity to play with two Caymans on the Autobahn and the dubious pleasure of getting blown away by a convertible Bentley when I was already doing 145. It passed me up like I was standing still.

Fun trip and Oktoberfest makes it even better. Check out the English Garden and the Beer garden there for a break from the Oktober Fest madness. this must be the last week, so it must be really crazy. i did it in '78 but I have been trying to make my way back since.

Have fun, and Mach Gut!!!

JC

2007 335i coupe

1975 2002 MS etc.

Feelin' bad about being passed by a Bentley cabriolet? Earlier this summer we were on the autobahn in our rental BMW Touring going about 125mph in the middle lane between Stuttgart and Munich when a van, not an SUV but a van, passed us going at least 20mph faster than we were. Whew.

Bob Napier

Jeff,

I agree with allbim - take in the Deutsches Museum - it truly is amazing for anyone that is a gear head. Look for the display of old BMW plane motors in the aviation hall. Also, take a guided tour, its well worth it.

I dont know if tehy're still doing it or not, but in the "hourglass" section at the front corner of the BMW Welt building, they were offering test drives of new cars. I took the one hour run, which was around 20 Euro,(there was a 4 hr run that included lunch on the road, but it was more $$$) they give you 20 Euro worth of coupons for any of the food service facilities inside the Welt, so its well worth it. There are predetermined routes that are programmed into the idrive, but i ran north up the autobahn to Garching and went snooping around at BMW M.

Lastly, if you're looking for a interesting dinner experience, something not German, and you like meat - go to Charrascuria Brasil its at Brunnerstrasse 2 in Munich. Dinner is served in the basement of this beautiful old house in the middle of Luitpold Park. You can get there on U3 getting off at Scheidplatz, and its a short walk through the park. When you get there order the Rodizio, this is the full dinner with all different types of meat carved tableside. Desert is a pineapple, flambed tableside - its AWESOME....if you like pineapple...LOL

Reservations are recommended, as they only serve Rodizio until a certain time in the evening - have the front desk at the hotel help you out with that.

Have fun!

Martin

1972 "Canadian spec" Polaris 2000tii Touring

1969 Chamonix 2000 A