• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Austin-Healey 100 spotting Alexandria - with pics

jgerock

Took Celeste out for a nice long drive this morning and while on the way back home (GW Parkway), a white Austin-Healey pulled onto the parkway ahead of me. I passed it and waved to the driver and his son. We then turned off at the same road and I noticed they parked to get some coffee. I did a U-turn and went back to check out the car.

Owner Tim F. has had this car for about 36 years and 2 restorations. The last resto took 10 years while he did the mechanicals and the body and paint work were done by a shop in Clifton, VA that usually works on Morgans.

The wire wheels are Dunlops, the interior is custom and Tim upgraded the engine with a slight port and polish to the head and 3-angle valve job. He is still running a generator and loves to drive it and show it. I can't believe I haven't seen this car around Alexandria before. Tim asked about my tii and said his roommate in college had one that was really fun.

Owner Tim in green shirt talking with a British-fellow about Healeys and Bristols.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

at Bill Scott's farm (he owns Summit Point/BSR). He expects 250 cars and 600 spectators. I don't know if it's invitation-only or what. We're meting to talk about having a similar gathering for German marques next year.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

Cold air box and louvers point to it as a M. But of course these could have been added.

I'm not sure about the "M" part, but the owner told me the doors and hood were hand made (louvers punched). I believe the air filter housing was also a custom piece.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Funny, back in the late 80's you couldn't give a 100 away. Everyone wanted 3000's or XKE's. I always thought the 100 had the best lines. Especially with the windshield folded down!

John

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades