• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the first year Tii's were made?

Samplemaven

I just read an article from Classic Motor Sports: http://classicmotorsports.net/articles/whispering-bomb/ , and it states that 1973 was the year that the Tii first appeared.

I just bought a '72 Tii, and I thought I had seen some '71 Tii's on the forum.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

The article says:

# 1971: Longer bumpers and side impact trim strips start this year. The fuel-injected 2002tii is introduced in Europe, along with the new Targa-style Baur Cabriolet and the Europe-only hatchback Touring series, which carries the 1802 designation.

# 1972: America gets the 2002tii for 1972, and later in the year the standard cars receive a new cylinder head and progressive two-barrel Solex carburetor.

Read closer.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

The article says:

# 1971: Longer bumpers and side impact trim strips start this year. The fuel-injected 2002tii is introduced in Europe, along with the new Targa-style Baur Cabriolet and the Europe-only hatchback Touring series, which carries the 1802 designation.

# 1972: America gets the 2002tii for 1972, and later in the year the standard cars receive a new cylinder head and progressive two-barrel Solex carburetor.

Read closer.

In the main article it says "In 1973 the ’02 story gained another chapter with the introduction of the 2002tii. The addition of Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection bumped horsepower up to 140. The tii also received better brakes and improved suspension." I didn't read much beyond this paragraph.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

I didn't read that part.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

The article says:

Read closer.

In the main article it says "In 1973 the ’02 story gained another chapter with the introduction of the 2002tii. The addition of Kugelfischer mechanical fuel injection bumped horsepower up to 140. The tii also received better brakes and improved suspension." I didn't read much beyond this paragraph.

Thanks,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Jim,

Your car #2761572 was built in March sold in May 72 @PeterPan Motors San Jose.

I miss the Patina

Jonathan

1973 Malaga "ti"2.3 stroker,dual 45s,lots of Alpina content13x6 Superlites bilsteins,Petri Sport ,GTS Seats,Coco Mats,Old Man Style "Patina"....but the old Emily is Fast.

2010 GTI 200 H.P.,dsg ,18"wheels etc.modern daily driver.

Jim,

Your car #2761572 was built in March sold in May 72 @PeterPan Motors San Jose.

I miss the Patina

Jonathan

I know you miss her, but parts of her are going to a good place, I'm sure. One of these days we'll see each other at a show, and you can at least see her engine, a couple of doors, a trunk lid perhaps...and certainly all the Tii parts that this organ donor left as she passed.

BTW...thanks for the info on the build date and resale. Good info to know.

Jim

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368