• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

i had my finger on the buy it now button

esty

Is it just me, or were Turbos going for 25-35K not long ago (like a few years, not 10).

They still are -- they're around 35-40, actually.

Just not with this (insane) seller.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Why is it that even on the "nicest" examples, the hood and trunk lid trim are poorly aligned with the door trim? You'd think the seller would take care of that on a so-called "perfect" car. Even on my DD's I try to fix that.

Jerry

no bimmer, for now

Why is it that even on the "nicest" examples, the hood and trunk lid trim are poorly aligned with the door trim? You'd think the seller would take care of that on a so-called "perfect" car. Even on my DD's I try to fix that.

The end product shows it was just restored for resale. Im currently restoring my other turbo and the asking price will be a lot higher but its guaranteed to be night and day compared. Quality is never cheap and if it does not sell Ill still be proud of keeping it. I know of a couple turbos here in the Bay Area that traded hands for more than 62k and of course you get what you paid for.

"I paid $12K for the paint job" ?!?!?!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think someone paid WAY to much for paint. It's Polaris with some stripes. Ok, Maybe if they painted the Whole car inside and out or the total body shop bill was $12k.

"Glasurit paint and then multiple Spies Hecker"

And since when do people mix brands of paint? I've worked in shops that use both and Never seen them mixed.

Something seems Very wrong here or maybe I LoSt mY MinD

Arden

http://ardens-2002tii.blogspot.com/

71 2002, tii, Schwarz

72 2002 tii, Polaris

76 Trans Am, Sterling Silver

96 Volvo 850, Daily Beater

Parts Cars: 73 2002 Malaga, 74 2002 tii Granatrot & 76 2002 Verona

Costs for paint job can be pretty subjective.

FWIW - maybe the seller included the cost of all the bodywork that was done BEFORE applying the paint. All the prep work - metal work, filler, sanding, primer, sanding, more sanding, etc. is what really jacks up the price of painting a car.

Regardless - for the $60k+ "Buy it Now" price, I sure hope he's got good "documentation" of the work done (i.e. lots of "work in progress" pictures) and receipts to justify the asking price.

"I paid $12K for the paint job" ?!?!?!

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I think someone paid WAY to much for paint. It's Polaris with some stripes. Ok, Maybe if they painted the Whole car inside and out or the total body shop bill was $12k.

"Glasurit paint and then multiple Spies Hecker"

And since when do people mix brands of paint? I've worked in shops that use both and Never seen them mixed.

Something seems Very wrong here or maybe I LoSt mY MinD

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Costs for paint job can be pretty subjective.

FWIW - maybe the seller included the cost of all the bodywork that was done BEFORE applying the paint. All the prep work - metal work, filler, sanding, primer, sanding, more sanding, etc. is what really jacks up the price of painting a car.

Regardless - for the $60k+ "Buy it Now" price, I sure hope he's got good "documentation" of the work done (i.e. lots of "work in progress" pictures) and receipts to justify the asking price.

Very true . Specially with my standards my current project's (Chloe) body work and paint cost double that easily including new body parts and labor. Its a lot of hours to do the job perfect. Even Bella's (current turbo) paint / body work cost almost 27k and Im very satisfied with it.

I actually really like it. If I had money to throw away, I might buy this ---

or a couple of old Porsche's.

But I do love those seats

Did the turbo really come without a fan? I don't seem to remember that.

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.