• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Factory 1974 2002 Turbo for sale on ebay....

repoman

every turbo I've driven was slower than my Alpina A4 clone and not very enjoyable of a drive -- but none were set up properly....

Come back east and drive mine:)

Deal!!!

I'll in NYC in early December.....

When I owned one. I never drove it. I was always afraid something would happen to it. The M2 is fast enough and i have a few decent bodies in case of a mishap.

That's why I sold my 3.0CSL and bought the Porsche. I like to drove, not look at 'em.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

• 2 weeks later...

Best answer we have come up with is to build clones that look and drive very close to original. Can drive the hech out of them and repair them inexpensively. Building two 74's right now www.SelectClassics.com

We have even re-created stripes in solid vinyl decals I think more durable and brighter then originals

One with a EFI engine and turbo and one with Tii naturally aspirated engine

Only thing have not figured out how to clone is extra gauge cluster on dash but working on it

Having a real one would be nice but not sure if parts for Turbo would be readily accessible ????

Cheers

Jon

Best answer we have come up with is to build clones that look and drive very close to original. Can drive the hech out of them and repair them inexpensively. Building two 74's right now www.SelectClassics.com

We have even re-created stripes in solid vinyl decals I think more durable and brighter then originals

One with a EFI engine and turbo and one with Tii naturally aspirated engine

Only thing have not figured out how to clone is extra gauge cluster on dash but working on it

Having a real one would be nice but not sure if parts for Turbo would be readily accessible ????

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Interedted in the stripes. Pls email me some photos.

Thanks

atan

Guest Anonymous

The greatest misnomer these days is what is considered a restoration or just repainted and cleaned up. A complete automotive restoration is a bolt for bolt down to the bare metal rework. This includes all the mechanicals. Yes, that means that the engine, transmission, diff etc etc has been overhauled and is returned to factory spec. Th interior would be brand new as well to include tossing out the cracked dash. Khang paid someone to do a presentable job but it meets none of the criteria for a restoration. Paint , new rubbers and a tune up fall way short for his asking price of 62k. A true display of cars like Im talking about can be seen on Barret Jacksons auctions. However, consideration is due to the fact that they only made 1672 between 73-75. Attrition over time due to auto accidents, rust and the occasional car buster like 2002turbo.nl will invariably keep pushing the price upwards and one day you might have to pay 62k for a car like this one. By the way I remember this car when it was on ebay, what did Khang do with the factory compagnolos? Panasports without center caps? Atleast find some center caps dude.

Guest Anonymous

The greatest misnomer these days is what is considered a restoration or just repainted and cleaned up. A complete automotive restoration is a bolt for bolt down to the bare metal rework. This includes all the mechanicals. Yes, that means that the engine, transmission, diff etc etc has been overhauled and is returned to factory spec. Th interior would be brand new as well to include tossing out the cracked dash. Khang paid someone to do a presentable job but it meets none of the criteria for a restoration. Paint , new rubbers and a tune up fall way short for his asking price of 62k. A true display of cars like Im talking about can be seen on Barret Jacksons auctions. However, consideration is due to the fact that they only made 1672 between 73-75. Attrition over time due to auto accidents, rust and the occasional car buster like 2002turbo.nl will invariably keep pushing the price upwards and one day you might have to pay 62k for a car like this one. By the way I remember this car when it was on ebay, what did Khang do with the factory compagnolos? Panasports without center caps? Atleast find some center caps dude.