• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Recaro Seat adapters for 2002

jrhone

I have a set of e21 Recaros and I need the 2002 adapters. They have a generic adapter on their now that makes them sit a bit high, looking for the recaro adapters that put them back at the normal height.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

Guest Anonymous

You can ask Al Erkanli (bluedevils) about the quality of the ones he received from me. Located in Vacaville,CA.

shermanmartinez@hotmail.com

Sherman and Al: So, are the adapters (that Al has and that Sherman has to offer) made so as to sit the Recaro seats as low as is possible? I ask this questions because someone, maybe it was you, Sherman, commented that there were adapters available from Recaro (or ?) that might be the best in keeping the seat as low as possible. My stock 2002 seats that were restuffed are too tall for my liking, so I'm interested in this adapter stuff.... and I may be getting Recaros.

Sherman and Al: So, are the adapters (that Al has and that Sherman has to offer) made so as to sit the Recaro seats as low as is possible? I ask this questions because someone, maybe it was you, Sherman, commented that there were adapters available from Recaro (or ?) that might be the best in keeping the seat as low as possible. My stock 2002 seats that were restuffed are too tall for my liking, so I'm interested in this adapter stuff.... and I may be getting Recaros.

Yes. Original 320 Recaros come with adapters hidden in the seat rails, you need to take them apart and install them on the 2002 sliders. However, you may not be able to find Recaros with the rails as many remove them to resell to 2002 owners. Sherman's adapters I believe are new production and don't have the seat belt buckle mounting piece which is an eye sore. Early Recaros had U channel adapters that were slightly higher (I believe) than the later slanted versions which are cosmetically better looking and sit lower.