• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rain gutter install

eaker02

74tii

Read the archives & FAQ(still don't understand the welders clamp trick, unless the gutter clamps from the side, but still have a couple questions.

Bought good used rain gutter to replace mine after this body work and paint. mine didn't look good after removal.

What I bought, each piece is coiled up.

1. is there a left and right side? if so is there a easy way to tell?

2. someone mentioned lubing the gutter prior to install, helps to slide and prevents moisture. good idea?

3. some mentioned starting at the back and rolling forward, some mentioned starting at the curve above the front door and working both ways. Is one way or the other easier?

not to open worms but archives are from 2002-2009, over seven years some ways may be easier now or a better way to install.

thanks

appreciate any advice.

ron

That stuff coils when it is removed. There is definately a left and right. Look at the ends. The back end has a rounder look to it I think but also look at the inside. Imagine that it has a lip that lets it hang down off the rail, then snaps under it. It should look fairly obvious. I would guess a little swipe with a bar of soap might help the reinstall. Mine is coiled up on the bench and I'll let you know later how easy it was to reinstall.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

Seriously, when I removed mine it spirals (but doesn't bend) and looks like it will never fit again. I have no reason to think it is not OE. This car has never been painted. The other day I just started to reinstall several inches to see how bad it would be and it seemed like it was going to go back on nicely.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

Where's Alonzo?!

ok, if it is "spiraled" then maybe you are ok, but "coiled"?

I fit the part at the bend first then work out and down. The top hooks on, hold it and snap it down on.

Two people, four hands, makes it go better for sure

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Spiral, coil, who's to say. It's another rainy Friday. The same shape as the old-school black snakes you'd burn at 4th of July. Remeber those? Great smell when they burned.

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

Where's Alonzo?!

Here's the coil, and after the install. Go slow and it goes back on nicely.

thats mostly how they used to arrive after i ship them fedex.

but ive been stealing my wifes garden stakes and strapping them to the stakes. she has no clue where they are all going but i think shes catching on

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Yep, thats how they look after removal.

I didn't think you could reuse them after removal. I thought they would get too mangled just getting them off. Always thought it was a call to Blunt for new. Good to know.

Blunt, use UPS. It would never look like that. :}

ahhh right. I think I see the coiled/spiralled confusion, because mine (which I thought was OE) was all one rigid piece of metal. If you tried to roll it up in anyway, it would bend permanently (as I found out when taking it off), or more likely just snap.

Is that what was going on here? and, what the hell do I have then?

post-17399-136676137943_thumb.jpg