• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flawless '74 tii on Ebay...

ray_

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's being sold by that shade tree shop in dallas...i don't recall but he's received more than a ton of bad press and feedback about the care that goes into making the cars look "flawless"

i would recommend buyer beware on anything sold by select classics in dallas

go to bimmerforums and find a recent thread about a $14k car he sold for some details of his detail work

For that kind of money you think they would spend $40 for a trunk seal.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Holy crap! Paint over dirt much??

I mean, I get it... (How difficult it is to properly clean, strip, and sand all those nooks and crannies in and around the fenders and upper engine bay).. I've just spent the last several months getting mine ready for primer, and it was a BI*CH... But come ON!! 20K for a car they didn't even pull the hood latch bar and rubber pieces??? For a car they didn't even clean out the dirt and flaky rust out of the spare tire well before they sprayed it???

Ugh. Some people think you can throw a set of Recaros and some fresh beltline trim on anything and sell it for the moon and stars.

/rant - lol.. Can you tell I spent too much time this summer stripping a car for paint?? ;-)

As you were.

(==\___| SQARY02|___/==)

1975 Millie the Falcon (Originally Polaris, currently Primer-Grey/Spa-Blue)

1975 Eamon the Golden Nugget (Originally Golf, currently several other yellows, someday Dakar)

I think it's a rare Amazon green trunk seal....

edit: on 3rd thought, yes there is no trunk seal!

!BcbzEKgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjIEq4!6GOC0BK0gs1((UQ~~_35.JPG

Cheers,

Ray

p.s. I was joshing a bit, esty! ;-)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I was reading your guys posts and then went to the link.

That is pretty sad. Real sad. These idiots cost the new owner (if they can find a sucker) more work than what was probably originally involved to restore that thing.

At least their proud to push their name. That way we all know where to stay away from.

Frikken morons.

I think it's a rare Amazon green trunk seal....

!BcbzEKgBGk~$(KGrHqIOKjIEq4!6GOC0BK0gs1((UQ~~_35.JPG

Cheers,

Ray

p.s. I was joshing a bit, esty! ;-)

wow new heights in low. somebody call the texas attorney general's office and put these clowns out of business.

No.

I'd rather do the junkyard. A lot cheaper and a better start. Who knows whats under all the green goo. Bondo by the buckets I'm sure. Probably had a kid working part time that lays drywall applying it.

Some of you local Texas boys ought to stop by & rip em a new one. Tell them what a dis service they are doing to the membership.