• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flawless '74 tii on Ebay...

ray_

The car was on Ebay back in May (buy it now for $4850), from a Seller in Andover, NJ. The paint over-spray was evident then, so one has to wonder what "Select Classics" actually did to the car apart from straighten out the nose dent, screw up the headliner, and remount the front fender reflectors backwards.

A nice little earner as we Brits would say.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and read the post Esty was talking about. I remember it now. I even made a comment back then to the poor guy that got screwed and that was "sue the idiots"

Select classics is true trash. This guys car and their current offering on Fleabay is proof enough.

Forget what I said in the post above about ripping on them & disservice to the membership. These guys have no morals or standards.

Like someone mentioned above Attorney General would be more fitting. Actually you Texas boys talk about hang em high, rifles in the back window and the death sentence down there. I think that would be more fitting. These guys are pure dirt. Total scum.

I was right. It is a part time kid laying drywall. Here is some of his handiwork: Bondo quarter panel filled with stuffed paper.

nt

Bondobackedwithpaperindriversfrontf.jpg

nt

nt

I don’t know why I’m so irked about this as I’m sure it happens all over but after reading the post and seeing the guys photo bucket of the restoration these guys did I am pissed.

Actually you Texas boys ought to go pull the trigger and put these sorry assholes out of their misery.

Here is the post:

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240643&highlight=select+classics

Here is a photo bucket example of their Professional restoration work. I caution you, this will make you sick.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/raykoke/randy/?start=all

I am from Dallas and I have visited this shop many times. All I can say is, clean up, respray, that seems about it. The quility of work I witnessed first hand is, in my opinion, poor. Buying a car online like on fleabay is like online dating. They always look great in he picure but never the same in person. I believe you will spend more money undoing the bad work and correcting it. It will be cheaper to by a driver from the guys here on this site and fix it up once and right.

Just remember, buyers beware

I'm not as dumb as I look

74 Verona

06 Audi A3

09 Mercedes C300

06 VW Passat

03 VW Conv Beetle

Guest Anonymous

Also note the unheard of low miles. Seems most of thier cars are super low miles. Oh, wait...read the fine print in the add and they covered thier arses so you can't go back on them for deceptive advertising...very slick.

I've been to their "facility" *cough*joke*cough, talked to the main sleazeball in charge, and seen thier product. Grossly misrepresented slap-dash used-car-saleslot crap.

Like others have posted, it's a shame that some true enthusiast is going to get raped by this snake oil salesman.

As noted in my earlier post, the car was on ebay May '09 by a Seller from NJ. Most of the flaws, (paint over-spray, missing ss driver side rocker trim, driver door "dropped", missing shock covers and cockeyed rear bumper with pre-74 overriders) were part of the car then.

Not siding with the Select Classics; I thought they were a cowboy outfit when I first heard of them early last year. They seem to be trying to make a quick flip here for the cost of paint, front spoiler & downgraded wheels.

Anyway, here's some pics from the May '09 auction, when the car appeared to be Jadegrün outside and Amazonasgrün on the inside.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

ok now who has the balls to take THIS LINK and put it on the ask a seller a question thing!

that way everyone can see it!!!!!

im 20, the 2002 is the most fun car ive ever driven. i have a 74 malaga 2002. engine was rebuilt: bored out to a 2.1, litghtweight pistons, shrick cam, dual weber 40's, msd, custom exhaust. 3.91 lsd, h&r lowering springs. bilstein sport

I got balls.

Not as big as that asshole though.

Filed a formal complaint with the Dallas BBB. Useless.

Filed a fraud complaint with Fleabay security this morning. Waiting for reply.

Contacted Texas Attorney General by phone to initiate a formal complaint. Waiting for the paperwork.

Contacted my Nephew (Prosecuting Attorney) to contact whatever contacts that he may know of to see if anything can be initiated.

I don't expect much to come out of any of this but it pissed me off when I read the post from a long time ago about the guy that got screwed by them.

Sure the buyer made mistakes but this jerk off is still on the loose and nobody deserves to take a boning like that.

I understand it is buyer beware but......

Filed a formal complaint with the Dallas BBB. Useless.

Filed a fraud complaint with Fleabay security this morning. Waiting for reply.

Contacted Texas Attorney General by phone to initiate a formal complaint. Waiting for the paperwork.

Contacted my Nephew (Prosecuting Attorney) to contact whatever contacts that he may know of to see if anything can be initiated.

Joel,

We LOVE It when you get pissed!

Sick 'em!!

Fritz Bimmer

72 Golf

73 Chamonix

66 P car

Wow. Putting himself out there again... He loves the flogging I suppose. Either that or he needs to fire his marketing manager!

That's some doughy paint! -and they painted the hood release?! C'mon, any Tii buyer will notice the BS here.. WOW. Travesty at best. They need to stick to effing up mustangs. Stop letting the apprentices work on the 2002's..

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002