• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flawless '74 tii on Ebay...

ray_

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know WHO you are or WHO you think you ARE but we have a serious problem

If you think there is any fraud, any misleading going on then you are sorely mistaken

This car is not represented as perfect but has had some nice mechanical and appearance upgrades. Most of them listed and yes there are more minor items that could be done.... Lets not get our nose out of joint because one of our technicians got the wipers on wrong side :)

As for you taking the info out of context you have no insight into from the owner of the car who posted those pics you are also completely uninformed.

We built an outstanding car that was NOT a full restoration but just about. No rust on car except it appears some minor fender apron that you and the buyer greatly posted a misleading out of context picture. A mid TX car with solid pans, frame rails, shock towers, no rust. Interior under carpet looked new when we installed sound deadening and carpet. Was a sunroof car so possible some minor rust someplace we never saw from sunroof drains or leaking seal but we never saw and completely redid car

The reality as near as we can tell is buyer could not afford car... we helped him finance a $12K car with JJBest, JJBest came out and inspected car before we rebuilt and approved it. He wanted us to build hiding transaction from his wife, we did alot of extra work suspension, shocks, install driving lights, additional upholstrey, glass, wheels tires etc. above and beyond original contract at less then our cost.

This customer was on and off again about the car at least a dozen times based on his wife, his finances and all sorts of his uncertainty. If he had not financed car and we still held title we would have canceled the build a few weeks into it but as car was already financed and title held by bank was just difficult to do.

Since we believe in the car not because he has wined (9 months after signing a release on car). We are buying car back and going to do some performance mods and finish cars minor imperfections which are few (sunroof headliner, powerwash undercarriage, etc.)

If you want to continue to pursue uninformed, out of context, hot headed rants hiding behind an anonymous bulletin board then we will call you out and make you put your NAME behind your rants. We will then see who is the fraud, we will then see who really knows what these car needs, who delivers for their clients, who put their name and reputation on the line vs. hiding and shirking in the shadows

Here is my name: Jon Kirkegaard

Here is my phone numbrer : 214 352 0868

Here is the address of our 20,000 square foot facility we lease a portion of to rebuild these cars: 7200 Harry Hines, Dallas, TX 75235

You jump in your car you fly in to DAllas (we are 5 minutes from Love Field) we will pick your sorry ass up

You come walk through the process, look at the cars we have done, speak to our real customers and then you make your claims

So you want to send me your information and your phone number we can have a chat.... lets see who stands behind their work and who has the balls to say what they do and do what they say

Cheers

Jon

PS

To the sorry fella in Dallas who has claimed to be in our facility many times I want your name also. If you are willing to make completely false statements then you need to put your name out there also. Is that not fair ?

T'was I that said "flawless," not him. Perhaps I was being a little facetious. (Did you know all the vowels are in order in "facetious?")

Have fun,

Ray

wow.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

For half the price, a nice daily driver, but describing as flawless is just plain wrong.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I'll assume that your defensive rant is not directed at me, since, if you look at my initial post you will notice the little winky face in the text. It looks like ";-)." I think you can figure out the meaning from that. Also I do post with my name. :-)

Also I made no mention in this thread of the car that it seems you have elected to buy back. Anything else that I have stated in this thread is based on my observation of this particularly fine example that you are generously offering on Ebay.

Since you are here tho, I do have one question. Would you please scan and post the receipt for the Kugelfisher pump rebuild for the car currently on Ebay?

Cheers,

Ray

I don't know WHO you are or WHO you think you ARE but we have a serious problem

If you think there is any fraud, any misleading going on then you are sorely mistaken

This car is not represented as perfect but has had some nice mechanical and appearance upgrades. Most of them listed and yes there are more minor items that could be done.... Lets not get our nose out of joint because one of our technicians got the wipers on wrong side :)

As for you taking the info out of context you have no insight into from the owner of the car who posted those pics you are also completely uninformed.

We built an outstanding car that was NOT a full restoration but just about. No rust on car except it appears some minor fender apron that you and the buyer greatly posted a misleading out of context picture. A mid TX car with solid pans, frame rails, shock towers, no rust. Interior under carpet looked new when we installed sound deadening and carpet. Was a sunroof car so possible some minor rust someplace we never saw from sunroof drains or leaking seal but we never saw and completely redid car

The reality as near as we can tell is buyer could not afford car... we helped him finance a $12K car with JJBest, JJBest came out and inspected car before we rebuilt and approved it. He wanted us to build hiding transaction from his wife, we did alot of extra work suspension, shocks, install driving lights, additional upholstrey, glass, wheels tires etc. above and beyond original contract at less then our cost.

This customer was on and off again about the car at least a dozen times based on his wife, his finances and all sorts of his uncertainty. If he had not financed car and we still held title we would have canceled the build a few weeks into it but as car was already financed and title held by bank was just difficult to do.

Since we believe in the car not because he has wined (9 months after signing a release on car). We are buying car back and going to do some performance mods and finish cars minor imperfections which are few (sunroof headliner, powerwash undercarriage, etc.)

If you want to continue to pursue uninformed, out of context, hot headed rants hiding behind an anonymous bulletin board then we will call you out and make you put your NAME behind your rants. We will then see who is the fraud, we will then see who really knows what these car needs, who delivers for their clients, who put their name and reputation on the line vs. hiding and shirking in the shadows

Here is my name: Jon Kirkegaard

Here is my phone numbrer : 214 352 0868

Here is the address of our 20,000 square foot facility we lease a portion of to rebuild these cars: 7200 Harry Hines, Dallas, TX 75235

You jump in your car you fly in to DAllas (we are 5 minutes from Love Field) we will pick your sorry ass up

You come walk through the process, look at the cars we have done, speak to our real customers and then you make your claims

So you want to send me your information and your phone number we can have a chat.... lets see who stands behind their work and who has the balls to say what they do and do what they say

Cheers

Jon

PS

To the sorry fella in Dallas who has claimed to be in our facility many times I want your name also. If you are willing to make completely false statements then you need to put your name out there also. Is that not fair ?

Ray

He wanted us to build hiding transaction from his wife, we did alot of extra work suspension, shocks, install driving lights, additional upholstrey, glass, wheels tires etc. above and beyond original contract at less then our cost.

I'm curious, why didn't you change the upper strut bearings out? They appear to be pretty shot. I haven't spoken in this thread til now, nor have I ever had an experience with you.

-Matt

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

sure, can one up your request

I can definately post my checks to

H& R fuel

360-12 Knickerbocker Ave.

Bohemia NY 11716

631 589 1600

Or just call Hans and ask him how many KF pumps he has rebuilt for us. We even extensively test his work and have had 3 sent back for additional work just this past quarter.

Our cost for each pump around $700... not the cheapest but near as we know the BEST.

You can also call Max as Maxmillian imports and see the $300 we spend on new linkage for each pump on each car as after extensive research on what fails on Tii's it is generally the linkage

And then call Bavarian imports and see we spend $ on new cold start valves and injection modules

We buy wholesale the electric pumps under the gas tank so won't give you all our suppliers.

We clean and install new fittings on the accumulators under the Tii tanks

Oh we also take all our tanks to Dallas Radiator have them completely boiled and lined whether they need it or not

When done we extensively test and tune install new pump belts and road test the sytems.

This is not easy work and there is no ODC connector to plug in to tell you what is to lean, what injector is dirty or how to set the idle

We get it done right and our Tii customers have been very pleased but it is ALOT of work and we did all of this on the Green Tii.

Hope that helps

On your posts... I have no idea what your expertise is but this piling on chicken S*Y&T, no backbone sniping on bulletin boards in the mame of public defense of the innoceant is silly

In general for every one of you who wants to buy a car for $500 and spend the rest of the decade working on it (which is cool and admirable) there are hundreds of folks who like these cars but don't know how to go about acquiring a good one and who do get ripped of by crappy cars with cheapo paint jobs or cars redone by rookies who do more damage then good.... we can assure you our work is 100% professional and done in a timely professional manner

In general if all you home gamers added up the time and $ and time off the road to do it all yourself I would guess you would see the service we provide to turn these cars in 3 months and take all the risk and do them right is cheaper or at least very competitive to doing it all yourself.

However, we understand doing it yourself is fun to the right buyers....

PS We would also be happy to let you know privately who we WOULD not buy parts or services from as to their lack of expertise, patience, ability or honesty. However, we are professional enough that we believe a public bulletin board is not the appropriate place for such

Wow, your list of suppliers is commendable. Your execution still sucks, though :-)

Hans screwed up 3 pumps in 3 months? Not a very good track record.

His price is right tho. I paid $750 for my pump rebuild by Redszus... in 1988. :-)

If the below is still directed at me, in the event that your workmanship is as stellar as you say, you have nothing to worry about because your rep will speak for itself. And for the record, until now all I have posted is observations, not opinion.

Cheers,

Ray

On your posts... I have no idea what your expertise is but this piling on chicken S*Y&T, no backbone sniping on bulletin boards in the mame of public defense of the innoceant is silly

Ray

OK, lets be clear... Hans is very good. However, he sets the pumps up for a generic in richment arm setting which was not appropriate for Tii's (these pumps are used on many cars)

So our return of pumps was to diagnose why we could not lean down the engines enoug we finally figured out it (with Hans' help)was not internal to pumps but his resetting of arms to generic position vs. leaving as correct for Tii.

To other posters copy of receipt is on ebay as well as an in progress pics... will put some more out there later

As for strust assembly green Tii runs and drives nicely, has nice billsteins (we did not install) and actually handles and take road better then almost any other 2002 we have driven so never had reason to examine.

What exactly do you see that makes you think they are worn ?

Matt

we did not change out Bilstein shocks although did inspect and car steers and drives very nicely with no sign of any strut issue at all

let me know what you see that make you think they are bad

Obviously a very inexpensive part to change out if struts are out

Jon

I’m just an enthusiast that owns a Tii & buys many other types of vehicles.

The forums are a great way to express opinions and share knowledge to help the membership. Some posts may be constructive criticism & some not. Some even to protect other members from unethical business's. Every opinion expressed is that of the poster.

In my opinion, Randy the buyer of the other car had made mistakes in the pre purchase steps taken but he trusted a professional company that boasts restoring cars whether it be nut & bolt or building to suit the buyer. I’m thinking about a professional company that is suppose to be professional in every manner.

I look at the original ad that is on the web site for the car that the Randy guy bought.

I read “1972 Malaga sunroof complete restore” That makes me think complete restore. Not nut & bolt but complete as in completely gone through & any areas that needed work was completed.

Looking at the photos of the car as it was delivered makes me think complete misrepresentation and some serious shoddy workmanship. Reading the posts on another forum that the professional business went back and forth with the public makes me think defending a very unprofessional restore attempt.

I won’t go into all the times The company stuck their foot in their mouth every time they posted trying to justify delivering a substandard restore or spruce up that was clearly not completely gone through nor a “Complete restore”.

Those can be read here.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240643&highlight=select+classics

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,330020/

The pictures probably don’t do it justice but clearly show where the vehicle was not touched at all and places that were worked on were done unprofessional, very unprofessional. IE: Dash restore/Abortion

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v355/raykoke/randy/?start=all

The amount of uncompleted work and shoddy work that was delivered to Randy is an embarrassment to the reputation of the company that performed it. The final product reflects the limited capabilities that this company is able to perform as a restoration shop. The unprofessionalism of the company to rant on public forums shows the public the ethics of the company. The companies defensive reply’s are conflicting with the final product and change from post to post.

Keeping in mind “Complete restore” a few key excerpts from the companies posts leads to questions on misrepresentation:

“In our estimate this car was done at 95% of a 100% restore for maybe 1/3 the price”

“We don't jsut freshen up cars but completely tear down and rebuild.”

“you received a completely redone car that had more work done to it then you paid for”

“it is completely redone and at this point from what I can tell just needs to be driven…”

“we made mistake spending $600 rebuild a carb we could have purchased new for $220”

“car was not on a lift”

“I never found rust and never had 4 body guys and / or one mechanic point out any rust..”

“there was no visibile rust on the car”

“you would see the service we provide to turn these cars in 3 months…..”

“You would never see a quick spray flip of any car. Generally, these vehicles spend no less than 6 months and likely 9 months to a year in our facilities getting rebuilt”

What is one to think on this “complete restore”.

I put myself in the buyers shoes. My recommendation to the buyer on the old post was to sue the company. I still hold that recommendation. The recent post above I contacted various organizations to investigate the possibility of misrepresentation. I probably shouldn’t have used the word fraud in the post above as I used the word misrepresentation with Fleabay. My mistake. I will be very careful when I fill out the Attorney Generals paperwork & check it twice. I’m not a Lawyer so I don’t really know if the company has done anything illegal or not but as a professional business it seems they have no morals, standards or ethics. Those agencies were created for just such business’s.

In conclusion, everyone here has their opinions and the means to express them. I don't know all the specifics & details. All I can observe is the advertisement & the final product.

My opinion is that the Randy guy was not done fairly and was taken advantage of as an absent buyer. The vehicle he purchased was in no way a “complete restore” as advertised nor close to it.

You Sir are no professional, not by any means.

There are many folks on here and on blogs that are not professionals capable of doing a complete restore with pride & standards.

You repeatedly offer to show your operations & professional staff. I have seen the final product & that is enough. Your reputation precedes you.

As far as the current Tii on Fleabay you have listed. This fine example of a rare car proves the capabilities and the quality of your restoration business. What a disgrace.

You might want to get your paint guy into rehab.

I feel sorry if you do find a unknowledgeable buyer for that Tii and believe you will end up in court eventually.

As a side note I see you have edited the description on Fleabay at various times after reading this post. Also to add a few pics concerning this post. Smart move on your part.

Thank you for your time.

Joel.

Joel ???? (last name please ?)

see here you go again on your rant without any insight to the project, contract or car.

-You don't take time to read the original contract with Randy (was not a full restoration). Y

-you have no insight to RAndy's persistent need to keep project cheap and "he would finish with his local mechanic", you take pics posted that are not representative of the car and extrapolate.

- Why don't you look at the pics we posted of the car before it left Dallas

For starters any ad for the car was done for Randy, approved by Randy to sell his car. This was done months after Randy took delivery of the car and we offered to help him sell if for free.

- We never offered that car for sale that was done by Randy and approved by Randy for Randy so talk to him about the language

I put the contract we had with Randy on the site it was to buy a car AS IS and to do certain things to it. Those certain things were big things, complete bare metal paint, new interior, new glass, complete new sunroof cables mechanismm, headliners, carpet etc. , top end engine rebuild, new suspension but was never ever a "complete restore" in any way shape or fashion.

As for car on ebay one of the members asked us to post the KF pump rebuild ticket we did. As for pictures only added some pics that showed engine decals added to car. EVERYTHING represented on this car is complete truth and you are welcome to come inspect the car anytime 6 days a week in the showroom.

On Green Tii on ebay we NEVER represented car as flawless as another poster admitted that was his term he used on this forum WE only have represented was car is and is not.

It is a solid fairly rare Tii that has had most all the hard work done to it that could be enjoyed and driven. It is still a 35 year old car although one that has been nicely cared for and then updated by our team.

As for being professional I am willing to stand behind what we do anytime any place. Mostly because randy cannot afford car, because he cannot do anything on car himself because he himself nested himself in expectations way beyond his contract we are taking car back. Mostly because we have buyers lined up that want the car ! A nice original 1972 Malaga red sunroof car with complete updates is a quite sought after vehicle / 02. I think you need to think about getting the FACTS before you jump to these exponential conclusions.

If you are so concerned about the truth then request pictures, get information, get informed but to pop like you have is very unprofessional if not slanderous.

Our door is wide open for you to actually get the facts ... as I stated before I gave you our address, phone, website, etc. and we are open to public 6 days per week.

If had any character you would apologize for you rants and I would accept but as it stands I don't sense that is your approach ? Hope I am wrong.

Joel ???? (last name please ?)

see here you go again on your rant without any insight to the project, contract or car.

-You don't take time to read the original contract with Randy (was not a full restoration). Y

-you have no insight to RAndy's persistent need to keep project cheap and "he would finish with his local mechanic", you take pics posted that are not representative of the car and extrapolate.

- Why don't you look at the pics we posted of the car before it left Dallas

For starters any ad for the car was done for Randy, approved by Randy to sell his car. This was done months after Randy took delivery of the car and we offered to help him sell if for free.

- We never offered that car for sale that was done by Randy and approved by Randy for Randy so talk to him about the language

I put the contract we had with Randy on the site it was to buy a car AS IS and to do certain things to it. Those certain things were big things, complete bare metal paint, new interior, new glass, complete new sunroof cables mechanismm, headliners, carpet etc. , top end engine rebuild, new suspension but was never ever a "complete restore" in any way shape or fashion.

As for car on ebay one of the members asked us to post the KF pump rebuild ticket we did. As for pictures only added some pics that showed engine decals added to car. EVERYTHING represented on this car is complete truth and you are welcome to come inspect the car anytime 6 days a week in the showroom.

On Green Tii on ebay we NEVER represented car as flawless as another poster admitted that was his term he used on this forum WE only have represented was car is and is not.

It is a solid fairly rare Tii that has had most all the hard work done to it that could be enjoyed and driven. It is still a 35 year old car although one that has been nicely cared for and then updated by our team.

As for being professional I am willing to stand behind what we do anytime any place. Mostly because randy cannot afford car, because he cannot do anything on car himself because he himself nested himself in expectations way beyond his contract we are taking car back. Mostly because we have buyers lined up that want the car ! A nice original 1972 Malaga red sunroof car with complete updates is a quite sought after vehicle / 02. I think you need to think about getting the FACTS before you jump to these exponential conclusions.

If you are so concerned about the truth then request pictures, get information, get informed but to pop like you have is very unprofessional if not slanderous.

Our door is wide open for you to actually get the facts ... as I stated before I gave you our address, phone, website, etc. and we are open to public 6 days per week.

If had any character you would apologize for you rants and I would accept but as it stands I don't sense that is your approach ? Hope I am wrong.

First off, he does not owe you his last name. You asking for it sounds a bit like a threat to me, but then that is just my perception. I read all the discussion on Bimmerforums. It could be that the enthusiast community has it all wrong about you guys, but in my opinion, that is yours to deal with. No one here owes you a thing, much less their last name or any other personal information. There are many shops and restorers throughout the country that specialize in 2002's. We never see this kind of thread about the quality of work from Matt McGinn's Sports Car Restoration, or the Werkshop, or Tom Jones, or Sean Casey, or Eric Kerman, or Thomas Boylan, or Billy Revis or Mario Langsden, or Barry Strathman,or Bill Holmes or ...............a bunch or other guys that I failed to mention. Get the picture. If you want a positive reputation in this community then earn it. You can not debate or browbeat your way past the quals and craftwork it takes to create respect and a stong reputation. Could be everyone has just been unfair to you. It's just my opinion. I have been collecting 2002's and other BMW's for more than 30 years, have had numerous cars that were covered in Roundel and Bimmer and the recipiant of the BMW of North America Perpetual Concours Trophy. That said, I am no expert. There are guys and gals here that I come to when I have a question or problem and they steer me in the right direction. There are guys here that have built National Concours winners from the ground up. There are guys that built and campaigned race cars. There are gurus that we all go to when we have a problem that we can't solve. There are people here who publish and whose technical writing we follow. The guy that started this thread has serious depth in this Marque as do many of the other people who commented here. You might want to consider that when you post here and do so in a manner that respects the collective depth of the participants on this forum. That is if you want to be a part of this community. One last thought. people here smell bullshit a mile away. My name is Tim Jones in case you need it.

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.