• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Capri guys out there? nm na

AndyS

Last time I was at Saint Vincent DePaul, they still had the 74 Capri with the 2.0 and 4 speed. I think the price was down to $1000. I hate not having enough garage space.

David G.
1989 Volvo 240 Wagon "Da Brick" Daily driver
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R "Hitomi" Sleeping. Waiting for NEO VVL!!
1976 BMW 2002 "Diana" The never ending project!!!

Mine was the 2.8 V6. My best friend got a new '78 Corolla and it was faster than my Capri. It began running like crap so I took it to the dealer to see what was wrong. They told me the dizzy was shot. Let's just say with the new dizzy, it was no contest. Scary fast.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Mine was the 2.8 V6. My best friend got a new '78 Corolla and it was faster than my Capri. It began running like crap so I took it to the dealer to see what was wrong. They told me the dizzy was shot. Let's just say with the new dizzy, it was no contest. Scary fast.

recall seeing a modified street set-up Capri at the track (Thompson Drag Raceway) back in the mid-80's running low 14's without slicks.

It had a Holly four barrel, header, and a Super Coil, maybe some other stuff but not anything like today's tech. Old school all the way.

post-2154-13667614076516_thumb.jpg

But what do I know

• 3 weeks later...

I had a 73 2.8 v6, 4 speed, cool map light, great interior, fast, handled great. Was just tough to keep 'er running good back in the late 70's and early 80's broke and in engineering school. Blew a head gasket, repaired it drove it another year and sold for almost what I paid for it 5 years earlier.

Very similar to 2002's. Capris build by Ford Germany but of had relatives working in the BMW plant :)

Loved the car ...

Anyone remember the funky maplight on the passenger side door pilar ? We need one of these for 02's :)

Ahhhh, I forgot about that map light. It was cool because when you pulled it away from the pillar it would come on. I always thought that was cool.

Remember the clock that came down from the dash like a pod. I still have mine in the garage. I have no idea why I kept that clock.

I was a junior in high school and obviously a poor teen. The car needed a muffler but I couldn't afford it. So I cut off the exhaust just behind the resonators. Must have been dual into a single muffler. Anyway, it got pretty loud if I really stepped on it. So I went to the Porsche dealer and bought the 'turbo' script and fastened it to the drivers side trunk.

Strange that I could justify spending money on the Porsche emblem but not on a muffler.

post-538-13667614941784_thumb.jpg

post-538-13667614942733_thumb.jpg

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

Yes, clock was very cool !

Overall just a really well designed car that handled like a true sports car.... alot like the 2002's

Still remember taking it to the local Sears auto center for an alignment and they did not know how to align a car with Mcpherson struts :) I think they just bent them and later they leaked.

The time the water pump blew up going across a bridge over the Misouri river or the stupid thing running hot driving across West TX. Probably a reliable car unless you let a mechanic not familiar with German autos touch it.

Did you know in Australia they came stock with 302V8's in them ? That would be a car that moves

Still think that darn map light belongs in an automotive unique designs museum... would love to get ahold of one and install in one of my cars

I had the exact car in your pic but in the creme yellow color... funky color. But ligh brown interior was nice