• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl from World Upholstery

mo's72tii

Has any one used the vinyl seat covers from World Upholstery? I have received samples and the pattern material for the main part of the seats is different from the stock pattern. They tell me this is all that is avaiable.

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure they are. The World covers are domestic vinyl and the GAHH is made from imported vinyl. If he wants closest to original GAHH is a better choice. Still not exact though.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

I used World on my 74tii and they were a perfect match to the originals. I have had them on for about 2 years and they look great.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

Quality and workmanship are not the question. He's trying to match the pattern for a 1972 tii (going by his screen name).

World told him what they sent him was all that's available. I pointed out that World vinyl is domestic and GAHH is imported, and he should look there. It might match better, but I said it's not perfect.

You guys are talking about a different vinyl pattern completely, which is readily available.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

You are correct. Doing a restomod on a Tiaga 72tii as a first car for my youngest daughter. Bought a 74 auto for the parts and am converting the tii to auto. Just finished the tunnel mod to accomodate the auto. Redoing almost everything on the car with a few modern upgrades. Touch screen nav, ipod , back up camera in the center console along with adding a/c extra vents in the dash, heated seats, led lighting, 15" Ronal ls's, bare metal paint, euro license plate lights, shaving the front and rear side markers. Car came with the Italian turn signal indicators and orignal Hella driving lights.

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

Randy

Where is "Maximillian" and do you have a url?

Thanks

Marc

Wow, well I'm a little sad to hear that, but it's your car. A Taiga tii is a rare car.

The later style vinyl is available from any dealer or supplier by the meter. I thought you were restoring period correct which is why you wanted the early vinyl.

The horsehair pads can be purchased from BMW also, about $70 for each the top and bottom.

Maximillian:

http://www.bmwmobiletradition-online.com/bmw/?cookieID=2OE0L1JN82OE0L1JN7&clientid=bmwmobiletradition

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

I know....the world's first tii auto and not the choice if it was for me. It will still be period correct and look like it was meant to be there when I get done. I did a 91 E30 vert for her sister that people think is a new car.

Should I start including some pixs of the progress?