• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vinyl from World Upholstery

mo's72tii

I have a set from World Upholstery and they are very nice, done in real German vinyl, NOT DOMESTIC, perfect match to door panels in *gobi tan*. They also reproduce OE style door panels for less than half the price of BMW Classics, in real GERMAN VINYL (74-76), I have three sets, gobi tan, beige, and black, can't tell the difference from the originals.

Ya, only the later (74-76) covers from World are in the German Vinyl. The earlier covers are in the Domestic. I recovered the seats in my '74 back in the early 90's with the German Vinyl covers and they still look almost new today. I used their Domestic Vinyl covers on my '73. Big difference in how they hold up over time. I'm about to cover the Domestic seats from the '73 again for the third time. I guess you get what you pay for.

I would add that Esty makes excellent carpet and mats if you're looking for interior redo.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a set from World Upholstery and they are very nice, done in real German vinyl, NOT DOMESTIC, perfect match to door panels in *gobi tan*. They also reproduce OE style door panels for less than half the price of BMW Classics, in real GERMAN VINYL (74-76), I have three sets, gobi tan, beige, and black, can't tell the difference from the originals.

Ya, only the later (74-76) covers from World are in the German Vinyl. The earlier covers are in the Domestic. I recovered the seats in my '74 back in the early 90's with the German Vinyl covers and they still look almost new today. I used their Domestic Vinyl covers on my '73. Big difference in how they hold up over time. I'm about to cover the Domestic seats from the '73 again for the third time. I guess you get what you pay for.

I would add that Esty makes excellent carpet and mats if you're looking for interior redo.

how many years did the domestic vinyl from world uph. last on your '73?

from what i've seen from world, the stamping wasn't correct on the basketweave inserts...instead of having the line "dashed" it was more of a straight line heat stamping on top of the basketweave stamping. not too big a deal i guess but something i noticed. also, they used to have kits on ebay for $300, but now it's the same price as on their website. what a rip.

About 5 years. The passenger side is still fine because I hardly ever have any passengers. I'm about to replace again with the same stuff from World that I scored from a guy on ebay for cheap.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

About 5 years. The passenger side is still fine because I hardly ever have any passengers. I'm about to replace again with the same stuff from World that I scored from a guy on ebay for cheap.

Man, that is unacceptable! Funny how W.U. puts up a front seat kit on ebay and calls it an "eBay Special", even though it's $4 more expensive than ordering it on their website ($399 vs. $395)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-Seat-Kit-Vinyl-2002-Ebay-Special-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f27a5da6QQitemZ300420849062QQptZVintageQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://worlduph.com/bmw/classic/e10/

At least 2002AD has horsehair pads at a decent price. Wonder how many years they'll last before disintegrating?

I’ve had mine in for a year and they show no signs of wear… Sunday car and occasionally drive it to work… Now that I’ve me a few other owners with original back seats I feel they emboss and overall look is close to original… Upholster I used had to rework the front bolsters a bit so they fit right… Other than that I’m very happy with the product… I agree, if I only get 5 years I won’t be happy…

post-3926-13667647177812_thumb.jpg

I agree, if I only get 5 years I won’t be happy…

During that 5 year period, that car was baking in the sun daily, so that might account for the premature cracking. But the German vinyl in the later style seats covers is definitely far superior because those seats are in my '74 daily driver which is always driven and never garaged.

Wait, I just noticed that you've got the later style seats (hopefully still in German vinyl), so they should last a long time like mine have.

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

I agree, if I only get 5 years I won’t be happy…

During that 5 year period, that car was baking in the sun daily, so that might account for the premature cracking. But the German vinyl in the later style seats covers is definitely far superior because those seats are in my '74 daily driver which is always driven and never garaged.

Wait, I just noticed that you've got the later style seats (hopefully still in German vinyl), so they should last a long time like mine have.

Yep, a '76... Also in the picture is ESTY carpet! And door panels from another FAQ'er...