• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Inconciderate Drive-thru manners

tjones02

Hey, if you're gonna make some ginormous take out order that for more people than is in the car, be unselfish and considerate of other people in the world and take it inside to the counter.

Why are ignorant selfish people in control of this place?

When did society stop treating the drive-thru like the 5 items or less express lane in the supermarket?

The lady in front of me tonight shot me a death stare when I shut my engine off in frustration. WTF?

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

common courtesy is an oxymoron for most people. Many pay very little attention to the people around them - they simply don't care, they are entitled, it is their right, I got here first, etc, etc, etc. In my eyes, they are less "evolved", I honestly pity them. This shows over and over again, on the road, parking lots, supermarkets and any other public areas that are not 100% structured with number cues, ropes, express check out lanes, signs, etc.

In Sweden in the huge Volvo parking lots, people that get there earlier park their car way out - just to allow the ones that are running late to have a short walk!

In Ireland the slow traffic moves to the side so you can pass, and if the incoming traffic sees that you don't have enough space to pass, they move away too (I personally witnessed that).

We routinely let people behind us - with less items - go in front in the check out at the supermarket. I create space for those merging. and move to the center lane, or if I am going 90 in the fast lane and I see someone gaining on me. It is an attitude for sharing the public spaces, and to be constantly aware that there are people around you that are less fortunate. Most of those acts of kindness, don't cost anything at all.

FAQ Member # 91

i gave up on drive through lines a long time ago. parking and going inside seems to be faster almost every time.

Around here - absolutely! The worst ones are when you are starving and a SUV-load of kids in front of you orders a bunch of ice cream cones from McD's.

I recall one time at a Wendy's drive-thru, the guy ahead of me ordered then took off. When I pulled up to the first window, they demanded I pay for (his) order. No sirree.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 4 weeks later...