• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 2002 project car PRICE REDUCED!

scottiesharpe

For sale: this was a running driving car that I pulled the driveline out of last fall in hopes to do an M20 conversion. A new job and a new found love of motorcycling (BMWs of course) have me pointed in a new direction.

Best reasonable offer on this project will be taken. Lots of new parts from Ireland engineering. Tons of neat modifications. Complete M20 engine, harness, ECU and electrical come with car. Also included are several drive drafts (to make a custom one), and a 5-speed transmission from M42-powered 1991 318i (works and shifts great - I drove home and parted the 318i to get the tranny) come with car. Lots of nice stuff like brand new black cordoroy Recaro seats (tags are still on them) in new condition (of course). Roll cage (not installed). And more.

CIMG3496.JPG

CIMG3495.JPG

The M20 engine was removed (by me) from a 1987 325i automatic owned by a normal family in Manteca that was rear ended. The car had been serviced normally and I think I still have the service records for that car. It had a timing belt service done just prior to being totalled. I bought it because it was in an automatic car and it is my theory that autos make good donor engine cars because they spend most of their lives below 3,000rpm.

Like I said, this was a running driving car. The front and rear suspension was professionally four-wheel aligned for toe-in front and rear, camber front and rear to Jeff Ireland's suggested track settings (in the FAQ) by Professional Alignment in Mountainview ($375).

Here is a list of modifications and approximately how much I have invested in each item.

1 "14x6.5"" BMW 325is basketweave wheels (6 wheels)" 400

0 Front Suspension

1 TII Struts 300

1 VW Rabbit Bilstein Sport front strut inserts 240

1 Ireland Coil Over front strut kit 300

1 Ireland Front adj spherical bearing camber plates 200

1 "Ireland 400 lb 3x7"" front springs" 110

1 Ireland 20mm hollow front sway bar 150

1 Custom Aluminum Strut Bar by Ethan Turner 100

1 Rear Suspension

1 Limited Slip 3.9:1 from 320iS 250

1 "TII rear swing arms, sand blasted, painted, bearings removed and serviced" 450

1 Ireland poly swing arm bushings 60

1 Late model subframe 100

1 Ireland 350 lb rear springs 100

1 Bilstein Sport rear shocks 150

1 Ireland adjustable subframe kit 350

1 Ireland 20mm adjustable rear sway bar 150

1 Half shafts modified with 320 inboard CV joints 100

1 Trunk mounted battery in Stiffy Werks rear brace 150

0 Engine

1 M20 Engine 650

1 5 speed transmission 400

1 Ireland poly transmission mount 60

1 Exhaust

1 "Straight pipe, no resonator, 02 bung" 100

1 BMW 2002tii factory rear exhaust 100

1 Quick disconnect near subframe with extra hanger for open pipe track use 100

1 Chrome tip 35

1 Electric fuel pump with metal line 100

1 HD cable actuated throttle linkage 50

0 e21 Electric Fan 100

1 Brakes

1 """Earls"" stainless steel braided soft brake lines " 110

1 Front

1 1977 320i front hubs 75

1 e12 4-pot front calipers 100

1 320i Vented Rotors 75

1 2002 Turbo Front Backing Plates 50

1 Rear

1 320i rear brakes no parking brake 200

0 6 point roll bar not installed $100

0 Interior

1 Heater box delete

1 Hiflow quiet fan aux heater from RV Supply company 100

1 oil press and battery amperage 75

1 Recaro Seats 1000

1 Custom short shift kit 150

1 Momo carbon fiber shift knob 50

1 4 point belt 80

1 Nardi wood steering wheel with BMW horn button (not connected) $250

1 Momo Racing steering wheel with Momo logo horn button (included in sale but not installed)

Stuff included, but not done yet.

Install M20 driveline, tranny - assorted engine mounts included for modification

Custom driveshaft

Install high pressure fuel pump, included

Install Return fuel line

upgrade/stregnthen front control arms - extra set of arms included with car

Not installed Ireland Eng front control arm poly bushings kit 60

Body is "fair" - meaning it is solid but it has rust here and there and surface rust. Was never intended to be a show car. Floor boards will need to be repaired. All structuural items appear to be solid. I've driven this car in the hills and on the auto-x course and it has worked great. Super handling and fantastic brakes. Will need new tires, but has worn tires on it.

Car is located in San Jose CA, is registered non-op, is smog exempt and is towable.

Make offer via private message or email me at scottiesharpe on gmail dot com. Please make an offer or call me if you are into it, and we can work out a deal. Will consider trade for a car or motorcycle.

Lots of pics are located at http://picasaweb.google.com/scottiesharpe

Best, Scottie

Scottie Sharpe

68 2002 Mikunis Ireland coilover e12/e21 brakes

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

Webmaster for http://bmwturboperformance.com

Do you www.bmwWikiWiki.com ??

The use of a five speed from an E30 318i is for M20 engine. This is well documented in the "6 into 2" pdf. If you are seeking info on putting a 5 speed into an M10 powered 2002, then check the faq section. There is a great writeup there.

Scottie Sharpe

88 Dinan M5 stage 4 M88/3 conv, Miller MAF, B&B, 3-pc Fikses 17x9fr, 17x10rr, Racelogic traction and launch

• 4 months later...

I HAVE OVER $8000 IN NEW PARTS IN THIS PROJECT INCLUDING BRAND NEW RECARO SEATS AND NEW IRELAND ENGINEERING COIL OVER SUSPENSION WITH SHORTENED TII STRUTS.

TAKE IT ALL, COMPLETE FOR $4500

OR BUY IT WITHOUT THE DRIVELINE FOR $4000

Scottie Sharpe