• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

For those with right drive cars

norm

• Alpina

reversing was the thing that took me the most to get used to! I kept trying to look over my right shoulder to find myself almost hitting the driver's window!

during the last Alpine 500, i took the RHD touring and passing was extremely difficult thank god for trustworthy co-piilots!

Norm are you going to the socal show this year?

Daniel

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.instagram.com/mojojoy

1968 BMW 2002 (Bristol/Granada)

1969 BMW 2000 NK (Florida)

1971 BMW 2000tii Touring Malaga (Restoring)

However, assuming a two-lane road - most people drive & hug the centre stripe, so, you can hug the kerb side and look along the inside of the vehicle infront. In the country with curvy roads, same idea and really not a problem. You can blast past cars on a right curve where the LHD cars can't see!

I drove LHD in the UK for the most part, and (lucky I guess) ended up with a RHD car to bring over here. You just need to be more aware of what is going on around you, which, you should be anyway.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I drive both here in France - what the others said, plus I often jump in the m2 after driving the LHD 1600-2 and smack my hand on the door panel as I instinctively reach for the gear stick.

IMHO the RHD pedal set-up is nicer than the LHD floor mounted pedals - a lot lighter, and a lot simpler - which is what they're all about.

Nick

avaTour2.jpg.52fb4debc1ca18590681ac95bc6f527f.jpg