• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bob Marley owned a 2002!

Gbare02tii

i was watching a DVD about the life of Bob Marley (big fan) In an interview in the late 70's he stated that he loved BMW's. I found that very funny Bob Marley and The Whailers. He said he bought his first 02 in Kingston. It was a red 74 2002..Crazy! I knew I liked This Guy..

post-17361-13667614295493_thumb.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

Guest Anonymous

I was told while in Jamaica, that Marley's ownership of a 2002 initially had little to do with the performance and value of the car, but rather its name. As was pointed out with the bold type, the common abbreviation for his group was BMW, hence his first attraction to the the car.

Roger

'72 Malaga

RBenson685@aol.com

no thats a 2002

We've been through this. The car that he is sitting on is not an '02. Look at the hood trim and the hood area back by the wipers and windshield.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

I think that it's funny that we are looking at the BMW trying to figure out what it is when you have one of the greatest music ledgends of all times holding the biggest joint I have ever seen and not one comment..I love us crazy BMw people..

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

ahhahaha i honesstly didnt even see that. obama could have been sitting on the car and i wouldnt have noticed

im 20, the 2002 is the most fun car ive ever driven. i have a 74 malaga 2002. engine was rebuilt: bored out to a 2.1, litghtweight pistons, shrick cam, dual weber 40's, msd, custom exhaust. 3.91 lsd, h&r lowering springs. bilstein sport

• 2 years later...

Just watched "Marley" on demand. Amazing documentary. At several points in the movie you can see his red 1602. I was so stoked pointing it out to my wife. At which point I recalled a lunch I had in Negril. I was just in Jamaica at the end of February and my bartender and I got into a discussion about classic cars and reggae music (I'm a big fan of both). He talked about his old Toyota and I mentioned my '72 2002 at which point he turned to the other bartender and said something in Patois, the only words I could understand were 1972 BMW 2002... they both got a little distant after that as if I was BS-ing them, I had no idea at the time that Bob Marley owned one of these cars, I don't know, it was just weird then and now.

2008 135i

1972 2002 Sold

1968 2002ti (no longer w/ us)