• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Assessing interest for 74 2002 in NoVA

jd_74_02

Gauging interest in a 1974 2002 (verona), 160k miles, weber 32/36, fairly rusty, but OK shock towers--was mechanically great until I was mobilized for 9 months and it sat...

So, now it doesn't start (good spark, good batt, no fuel--suspect bad fuel pump or bad fuel lines). It's been a good runner for the past three years, garaged for all but the last nine months (was under a cover).

I honestly don't have time to take care of the car properly, and wanted to put the word out to those who might be interested in a good driver or at least some solid parts. The body is not worth saving, but mechanicals are fairly good. I also have a car cover and an extra alternator that will go with the car--the one in there works fine.

So, is anyone interested? I'd like to sell it to someone on this board before entering the eBay/CL battlefield and trying to sell it.

Remember it needs to be towed or worked on in my back driveway to get it running again. Kids, sports, work, blah blah blah--just no time.

$300

Thanks,

Jason

jasoneister@yahoo.com

Sold to a really nice guy locally ;-)

The rust is nowhere near terminal. Two spots needs attention but, the rest is typical. This car looks to have the original Verona paint, brand new tires, brand new fuel filter, original spare and the carpet is close to perfect. We got it running briefly and the engine sounds like it should.

This is a perfect daily driver/resto project.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70

DV: I cannot fool her: she just shakes her head now when I start a sentence with, "Guess what I saw/bought today?!"

I will send you a low-res photo from my laptop (at work) Monday.

"Why would I pay that much money for a 1981 BMW that looks...like a 1981 BMW?" -Charles William Jones, Jr.

1975 Polaris, Sunroof

1976 Malaga

1993 E36 Sedan

1992 Mazda Miata

1998 Volvo V70