• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solid '72 Roundie for sale

kwsilbert

It's on eBay, but I was really hoping that someone who knows '02s would be interested, so please pardon the repost. It's item 140354039933 at eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140354039933&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:MOTORS:1123

It's not perfect, but my brother and I worked hard to get the typical 2002 problems (brake-fluid induced rust!) fixed. But I now need room in the garage for something else.

Auction ends Thursday the 29th at 11 PM; I'm in the Baltimore-Washington area- if anyone wants to come by and take a look and/or drive.[/img]

post-17513-13667614472504_thumb.jpg

Any evidence of bodywork/accident damage? What was old blue color? Riviera? Atlantik? Thanks, Dave

The color is a tough one- working off memory, I'd have to say it was probably Riviera, as it's a bit lighter than Atlantik. Does the trunk usually contain the same color? It's pretty light in there. But I could be wrong... The engine compartment just has a black spray job that is not great, but at least it's one color now- grafting in an orange floor pan/frame rail from 2002ad had resulted in multiple colors .

Bodywork/accident- the right front of the bumper looks pushed back- it's maybe 1" closer to the bodywork on that side, and one of the rubber pads is missing from the rear bumper (but no visible deformation). Other than that I think it is accident free. The drivers door doesn't fit quite right- after closing it, it "re-opens" about 1/4". There is no Bondo anywhere to the best of my knowledge. (and the previous owner definitely didn't do any work on the rust, so it would have had to be before that!)

Thanks,

Kevin

Any evidence of bodywork/accident damage? What was old blue color? Riviera? Atlantik? Thanks, Dave

The color is a tough one- working off memory, I'd have to say it was probably Riviera, as it's a bit lighter than Atlantik. Does the trunk usually contain the same color? It's pretty light in there. But I could be wrong... The engine compartment just has a black spray job that is not great, but at least it's one color now- grafting in an orange floor pan/frame rail from 2002ad had resulted in multiple colors .

Bodywork/accident- the right front of the bumper looks pushed back- it's maybe 1" closer to the bodywork on that side, and one of the rubber pads is missing from the rear bumper (but no visible deformation). Other than that I think it is accident free. The drivers door doesn't fit quite right- after closing it, it "re-opens" about 1/4". There is no Bondo anywhere to the best of my knowledge. (and the previous owner definitely didn't do any work on the rust, so it would have had to be before that!)

Thanks,

Kevin

from the trunk pictures, the color looks to be baikal although in certain light or lack thereof it could be fjord

... I don't guess they use a paint code somewhere?

If you shoot an email off to Andreas with the VIN#, you will get a bit of history along with the original color..

andreas.harz@partner.bmwgroup.com

You will typically get a response within 24 hours. I did this with three of my 2002's to confirm.

1974 2002 Verona & 1973 2002 Riviera

1982 320iA & 1983 320iS
2002 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L PSD Wife's

If you shoot an email off to Andreas with the VIN#, you will get a bit of history along with the original color..

andreas.harz@partner.bmwgroup.com

Cool! I whipped off an email to him this AM- will update when I find out. Thanks! It could be an interesting history (or very blank) as when I got the title it was off by one VIN digit. Getting that fixed was harder than fixing the rusty floorboards...