• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thank you from SoCal Vintage BMW / Driver's Award Winners

leonine99

Drivers,

John and I want to express our deepest thanks and gratitude for all the participation and support which made the 2009 SoCal Vintage BMW Meet a huge success. We're sorry we couldn't get out there and spend more time with all of you, but we've found out that when you put a show like ours, we're so busy with logistics and covering all the bases, that we really don't get to be out there and be more a part of the crowd. Everyone told us it was a great show, and it sure looked that way! Our sources and info put it at about 180-200 cars for the day. Please post any photos on the forum boards or email us some of your best, as neither of us had a chance to go out and take any photos. Again, thank you for being a part of it all and we do hope you had lots of fun! Now the WINNERS!

Best 02 AND Best Vintage (pre '76) Ray Sterbens '73 2002tii

Best E3 - Tim Chinen '72 Bavaria

Best E9 - Chris Macha '73 3.0CS

Best Other - Christian Weismann '67 2000c

Best Modified - Steve Kupper/KGB '70 2002

Best 3 Series - Brian Calvero '79 320 Alpina

Best 5 Series - Ron Perry Hartge H5S (didn't catch the year!)

Best 6 series AND Most Desired - John Calvin '78 635 CSi (drove all the way from Utah....thank you John)

Best Resto Candidate - Regan Seegraves '68 1600

Best Classic (post '76) Ron Perry (what again?!) Alpina B7 - again, don't have the year

Quirkiest -Presented by Bimmer Magazine - Flor Sequeiros - '57 Isetta 300

Thanks again all for everything

> John Barlow IV and Jeff d'Avanzo

> SoCal Vintage BMW

Stay tuned for more of SoCal Vintage BMW
http://www.SoCalVintageBMW.com
BMW CCA Member #423513

We need pics!!!!!

Congrats to all the winners

Pictures here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,50/page,viewtopic/t,330632/

Thanks John and Jeff for such a great event. I confess I am not a big fan of driving 02 for long distances, and the thought of driving 600 miles just for a one day event, was not very appealing. Looking back, I can honestly say: IT WAS WORTH IT!. The show is really the highlight of the event. For me it started a week before, making sure Bacchus was ready for the journey. Just a good excuse for a nice wax job and a required mechanical check up. Then planning the trip, choosing the right roads took me on a fun hwy 25 run to Coalinga, and on the way back some back roads from LA to Oxnard, just in time to catch up with the Colombian contingent on hwy 101 and stop in SLO for dinner. Just a wonderful way to spend the weekend and still have Sunday to rest! Yeah, start the registration for next year!

FAQ Member # 91

Here are a couple of photos from the day. Not sure exactly who's cars are pictured here but I think the little guy with the blue car was hoping to win something. . .

Thanks for a great event!

post-2897-13667614503242_thumb.jpg

post-2897-1366761450507_thumb.jpg

post-2897-13667614506636_thumb.jpg

post-2897-13667614508044_thumb.jpg

76' Fjord- orig. owner
Hada 85' 318i - but now it's EFI is in my 02"  :wacko:

Thanks Jeff and John for the hard work leading up to a great BMW event! By far, the best yet!!

For those that asked, Best 02 Winner and defending champion!

IMG_7406.JPG

For the rest, visit:http://picasaweb.google.com/rsterbens/SoCalVintageCarSHowOct232009?feat=directlink

Original Owner, Malaga 1973 tii, unrestored.

1985 Euro M635, Cinnabar, fast and fun!

2003 325i, Alpine White

2007 530i Sport, Titanium Silver

2000 Tundra LTD, White, Daily driver

2011 Audi A3 TDI, White, son's new car!

Thanks Jeff and John for the hard work leading up to a great BMW event! By far, the best yet!!

visit:http://picasaweb.google.com/rsterbens/SoCalVintageCarSHowOct232009?feat=directlink

Great pictures, Ray. Did you take all of them? I noticed that someone closed the gas door between pictures on the 325is.

Congratulations on another well-deserved win amidst tough competition.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

Look up sarcastic in the dictionary, and you will find Ray's picture. He only picks on those he cares about. We did miss you. (Sorta like missing a root canal). It is a lot more fun picking on you in person.

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours