• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should a $32,000 tii be perfect?

robspeed

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anything really perfect? I'm sure with enough time and close enough inspection, I could find some flaws to Scarlett Johansen (or at least I'd die trying), but regardless, I'm sure she doesn't have a snorkle where she shouldn't.

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/

Could at least make it complete...missing rubber seals in engine compartment, side mirrors don't match (rectangular on left, trapezoidal on right??), besides interior, maybe $80K?

The engine bat is telling me that the car use to be red, lots of nicks and scrapes.

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Missing the driver's shock tower cap and when they repainted the engine compartment they just sprayed the hood hold-down rod at the same time. One could go on-and-on, but I know it's not a $32.5K ' 02, unless you work on Wall Street or have property in the oil-rich area of Saudi Arabia.

Bob Napier

Maybe the Sony stereo is $26K and the car is $6K. Sticker says Malaga, it has the flywheel viewing notch on the firewall so it's had a nose job for sure. Hyman Ltd. only sells mega buck cars so don't know how they ended up with this one.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Definitely not worth the price but man that interior is amazing.

Looks nice - meaning no holes or wear, but what a horrible color.

If I was going to spend that much on a car at once (since I will spend that much on my car in a bunch of little pieces) - it better look like it just came off of the showroom floor in 1972. Otherwise, I'll buy an $11K car (like I did) with good paint, and spend the other $12K on parts.

Hemmings tends to be on the high side from what I've seen. Otherwise, between the mini and the 2002, I've got around $50K worth of cars in my garage!!!!!

Ken

FAQ Member # 2616

"What do you mean NEXT project?"

-- My wife.

Maybe the Sony stereo is $26K and the car is $6K. Sticker says Malaga, it has the flywheel viewing notch on the firewall so it's had a nose job for sure. Hyman Ltd. only sells mega buck cars so don't know how they ended up with this one.

Hyman Ltd doesn't always have mega buck cars for sale, they simply ask top dollar for the cars they sell! I've seen them advertise many a questionable quality car before. Being in the Midwest they many times get cars that are not restored well and ask over market prices for them. At least that's what I think.

On this car there are so many warning signs..... I hope any prospective buyer sees them. The biggie is a non original color on this car for the $, nope ain't gonna happen for anywhere near 1/2 that asking price.

Also you'd think they'd throw in a front bumper for $32,000! The car looks strange without one, also the wheels I don't dig either. A $32K car this isn't, maybe a $12K at the best. Whore house red interior is not doing this car any favors. I wonder if the interior was just sprayed red or did someone actually pay to have the vinyl replaced and picked that color? Either way the owner could have done better.

I'd not want to own that car.

WH

Is anything really perfect? I'm sure with enough time and close enough inspection, I could find some flaws to Scarlett Johansen (or at least I'd die trying), but regardless, I'm sure she doesn't have a snorkle where she shouldn't.

You make spill my wine again! Perfection is just one click of photoshop away!

Back to subject: car is hideous in my opinion, but then again some people like skinny chicks.

FAQ Member # 91

You make spill my wine again! Perfection is just one click of photoshop away!

Back to subject: car is hideous in my opinion, but then again some people like skinny chicks.

At least we agree on the car being hideous.

Now, mind you skinny chicks rule!

article-1026019-019536FD00000578-992_468x734.jpg

now: '72 Inka 2000 touring, '82 Alpina C1 2.3  & '18 328d wagon (daily driver)

before: a lot of old BMWs (some nice, some not so much), a few air-cooled 911s and even a water-cooled Cayman S

Alpina restoration blog: https://www.alpinac1.com/