• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

3-2002's for sale 1971, 1973 auto, 1968 RSD right-side-drive

TurboTom

- Hi, I'm selling my three 2002's, I just put them up on CL in Fort Collins Colorado.

I need to sell all three, and I'd like to sell them all to a collector/restorer, but I'll take what I can get.

They all need a lot of work. I bought all three of them about 15 years ago, and they all ran when I parked them 10 years ago.

1971 - very rough, engine was replaced with one out of a 76 that had 85k on it, plus a weber down draft carb.

1973 - automatic, it's also rough but it spent most of its life in CA and AZ so it's a good candidate for restoration. Still has its factory smog parts installed

1968 - I checked the vin to be sure it's a factory 68 RSD, and it is. I've heard that any 68 is rare, and so are RSDs, so I imagine a 68 RSD is quite rare? It's going to need a lot of work, but it should pay off in the end, as it should be more collectible than most 02's.

68 - http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1440456965.html

71 - http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1440567007.html

73 - http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/cto/1440703070.html

Thanks, Tom

Hi, thanks for your interest. Luckily I have a few local parties that have already shown interest in the 68. I really don't want to part this out if possible, I'd like to find someone who wants to restore it to stock if possible. I already turned someone down who had a bunch of spare tii parts that they wanted to use to transform this rare piece. I would normally applaud their ambition, but I think it would be a lot harder than they expected, and not appropriate for this heap. They would be better off starting with an abused tii or a wanting 02.

Hi Les, thanks for the license info.

And it's funny that you correctly call it a RHD, I was just discussing it over several losing hands of poker tonight that I messed up the advert by calling it a RSD and not the correct RHD. The person I bought it from listed it as a RSD and I guess it just stuck in my head.

I'm sure it has it's share of USA rust also, and maybe a bit of the salty atlantic to boot.

Thanks, If you are willing to get rid of any of your early bumpers please let me know.. Thanks.. Good luck. I hope the 68 is saved! I have a Euro spec 69 that I saved from the Junk yard. it was 2 days from being crushed!

post-17361-13667614677581_thumb.jpg

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***