• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

for the golfers in the crowd

gwb72tii

i'm pretty excited about the 2010 US Amateur Championship

its being hosted by Chambers Bay Golf Links near me next year, and i was picked to be an on-the -course marshall for the Championship! This is one of the top 5 or 6 tournaments in the world every year, with a lot of great golfers playing from all over the world.

plus we volunteered to host a player, which is a long tradition of the Championship, so we may have one of the players staying with us for the 2 week long event.

for most of you this doesn't seem like a big deal, but i've played at golf for 40+yrs and its really something to be up close to players that can flat out play golf.

can't wait.

72 2002tii

1988 535is 

That's going to be a blast.

Recently got reintroduced to the game. My 7 year old has been getting lessons for 2 years now.

Here he is swinging his new clubs for the 2nd time. Sorry for the shameless plug but I'm extremely proud of his progress... :) He already understands "You drive for show, you put for dough."

my son started at the same age (5) and is now 21 and can shoot par just about anywhere

the unfair part is that he improved with age i didn't

we crossed paths at about age 14

a LOT of great memories playing golf with him and his bud's, watching them grow up

72 2002tii

1988 535is