• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Ipod Connector for Mono Blaupunkt Frankfurt

cgoodwin14

All,

I know this has been rehashed many times, but is this the correct DIN plug adapter to play my ipod through my mono Frankfurt? (My German is as rust as my floorpans)

http://www.youngtimerradio-shop.de/epages/61037185.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61037185/Products/0100

My understanding is that it should be a 6 DIN plug? For those of you who have done it, how do you switch between radio and ipod with this set-up? Is it as simple as unplugging the 3.5mm stereo plug from the receiver at the end of this thing?

Thanks in advance.

Crutchfield sells the Scosche FM-MOD02, an fm modulator that works pretty well and is easy to hook up. The beauty of it is that the only visible part, other than the on/off switch, will be the cord that plugs into your ipod, and you can tuck it under the radio when not in use.

I took the further anal stock purist step of replacing the on/off switch with a rear fog light switch that takes the place of the green dummy button on the console (see below). Completely stealth and stock to boot!

post-1694-13667614678476_thumb.jpg

'74 Amazonasgrun S/R

Just to add to the "rehash", here is the link to a past discussion http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,309267/highlight,ipod+connection+blaupunkt/

Yes, it is a 6 pin plug.

Here are some of the pics from french site referred in the link. It is no longer available, but I saved the pics if you want to try a DIY job. With this system run the wire wherever you want, plug into Ipod or MP3, just tune to a dead spot on the dial, and play your Ipod.

Backofradio.jpg

Backofradio2.jpg

Backofradio3.jpg

Backofradio4.jpg

schematic.jpg

Schematic for Stereo connections

7broch.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

well .. my german is fair. i'll try to translate it for you:

Der DIN Stecker kann immer am Radio gesteckt bleiben. Durch einstecken eines 3.5mm Klinkenstecker wird der Radioton ausgeschaltet und die Musik vom CD- oder MP3 Player auf den Verstärker gegeben. Artikelnummer 0100.

Lieferumfang:

1xAudioadapter zum Anschluss an eine 6polige DIN Buchse

1x3.5mm Mono Klinkenstecker auf 3.5mm Stereo Klinkenbuchse

1xStereo Anschlusskabel 3.5mm Klinkenstecker auf 3.5mm Klinkenstecke

It says :

The DIN plug can be left plugged to the radio all time . Through plugging in the 3.5mm Audio connector , Radio tone will be turned off and switched to the CD or MP3 player and sent to the amplifier. (guess inside the radio itself.)

What you will get :

1x Cable adapter to plug into a 6 Pin Plug.

1x 3.5mm Mono Audio Connector to 3.5mm Stereo cable

1x stereo cable 3.5mm audio connector to 3.5mm audio connector.

EditeD.

Hope that helps :)

bmwfans_userbar.png

-Living in the wrong side of the world ..

Cheers

Chatroom John

hm.. maybe if i found out what that klinkenstecker is it will make more sense ..

What the hell is a klinkenstecker ! :D

As per Google translate.... Klinkenstecker is a Jack... Makes sense...

I couldn't tell you if the DIN plug in their setup is the same as yours. I myself am looking for the stereo version of this adapter.

HTH

Tom Jones

BMW wrench for 30 years, BMWCCA since 1984 at age 9
66 BMW16oo stored, 67 1600-2 lifelong project, 2 more 67-8 1600s, 86 528e 5sp 586k, 91 318i
Mom&Dad's, 65 1800TiSA, 70 2800, 72 2002Tii 2760007 orig owners, 15 Z4 N20

I myself am looking for the stereo version of this adapter.

I got my Stereo version of the adapter from this guy on FleaBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blaupunkt-Becker-Europa-STEREO-iPod-MP3-Adapter-Cable_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230364e8c8QQitemZ150380800200QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

BTW, the same guy also sells Mono adaptors too. Might be cheaper and faster than ordering the ones from Germany.

Cheers,

--John

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️