• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

(Sort of) Celebrity siting in LaJolla yesterday..

jgerock

My wife and I went to LaJolla yesterday to do some window shopping (her for the clothes, me for the cars driving around). I'm always amazed at the sheer number of late model BMW's, M-B, Lexus', etc. that are around the area. We even saw (2) Aston-Martins, a Bentley Convertible and some older Vette's.

One of the cars driving down the street was a super clean black late-model M-B S-class (V12, twin-turbo!) with a customized tag that said "MEGUIRE". Hmm, I know that name.

A little while later, we stopped to eat at the "Crab Catcher" restaurant and enjoyed a nice, relaxing lunch and the wonderful view of the water. I noticed two people sitting next to us seemed to be in a hurry, so I looked over and thought the man's voice sounded familiar. If I'm not mistaken, it was Barry Meguire (of Meguire's Wax fame).

They were in a hurry, so I didn't want to bother them.

So far, I haven't seen any 2002's driving around the area.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Definitely could have been Barry Meguiar - he's known to drive a very clean MB S-Class.

If you're still in SoCal on Saturday - Cars & Coffee in Irvine (about 60-75 min north of San Diego) would be a great event to attend. C&C is typically from 6:30 - 9AM

Andy W.

'72 Tii & '74 Tii

'88 M3 & '91 318is

Andy - both you and Ray have now told me about the C&C this Saturday, but we will be flying back to DC in the AM.

Sorry I'll miss it, but there will always be another event to attend down the road. I can't wait to swap in my 5-speed this winter for the trips to AR, NC and ?? in the Spring.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Barry shows up at C&C quite often, can't miss him, I have never seen him in anything other than all black ala Johnny Cash. When you were in La Jolla I hope you stopped by Carl Nelson's, lots of BMWs there in varying conditions and lots of parts.

HBChris

`73 3.0CS Chamonix, `69 2000 NK Atlantik

`70 2800 Polaris, `79 528i Chamonix

Meguiars runs an "Open garage" type thing on thursday at their Irvine office, where they offer instruction, the free use of their tools/product/expert supervision. Barry himself even showed up when I went to talk about the company. Very fun night. Oh, did I mention it was all free, and we got a back of shwag when we left?

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28656

David

Flickr

'74 2002 - The project

'98 M3

'04 Duramax 2500HD