• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buying first 2002, good deal or not?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

$4500 - Unless you really feel confident in how much you know about these cars, ante up and get an inpspection done by someone who does really knows these cars (maybe download the 2002Haus inspection sheet for a reference).

I do think $450 is low, but Creighton, I believe, was just trying to make a point - a lot of problems you know about probably mean there are more to be found, maybe serious ones, which make the required work a great deal more. Hence the funny ' smell'

Bob Breed - if that shell is straight and rust free, that is a good deal ;)

New 2002 owner here and I am no expert…

I live in MN and bought a car from Cali… I looked for about a month and found several cars. I bought a 76, no rust, great original paint, drives and braked straight and NO RUST… The original interior needs help but overall I’m very pleased with the car… I paid about the same money as the car you found… If you are in no hurry keep an eye out on the west coast… Every week rust free 2002’s show up on CL and are priced around 5k… I found several really nice 8k to 10k non-tii cars, they would need nothing…

Guest Anonymous

Thank you very much to all who replied. Looks like I'll be frequenting this place quite a lot; I bought the car! It's basically as good as advertised, and I think both parties did well for the price we settled on. It was obvious that the engine and transmission were healthy, took a long time to really inspect for rust, but there's none to speak of as it turns out.

Again, thanks everyone, look forward to being around in the future.