• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

San Diego "street cars" - no 2002's

jgerock

Well, my wife and I are back from spending a great week in San Diego. Other than seeing some "shells" owned by Mark Francis (aka "Pigpen"), I didn't see any 2002's driving around the area. No big deal - as I did see lots of air cooled VW's driving around (stock Buses, Bugs and 1 Karmann Ghia).

Here is a pretty cool Ghia parked down by the waterfront

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is a cool Datsun 510 I spotted in the Gas Lamp District. How about the stance and the rear camber!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Same street, just about 5 minutes later appears a Porsche 356 Cabriolet

Photobucket

Then, I just grabbed my camara to take a shot of an old Vette, and I didn't even notice the late model one in the picture

Photobucket

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

My mechanic friend sent me to get a degreed pulley for a '71 bus he was working on last Friday. The VW speed shop was having a little show. There were about 25 beetles, a few karman ghias and some other funny looking ones just parked out front. Free hot dogs too!

I got a few looks driving up in my '02!

Cheers,

Ray

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Ray -

The CA VW crowd ALWAYS has large gatherings like "open houses" with free food, music and sometimes allows folks to use their lifts for maintenance. Most have been featured in Hot VW's Magazine.

There is a Sunday Night Cruise-in at Nick's Burgers in Fullerton, CA (first Sunday of the month, rain or shine) that draws tons of custom VW's.

My wife and I are very tempted to move to the West Coast for the weather and car craziness (hate the 8.5% sales tax though).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

8.75%, I was informed.

;-)

Cheers,

Ray

Ray -

The CA VW crowd ALWAYS has large gatherings like "open houses" with free food, music and sometimes allows folks to use their lifts for maintenance. Most have been featured in Hot VW's Magazine.

There is a Sunday Night Cruise-in at Nick's Burgers in Fullerton, CA (first Sunday of the month, rain or shine) that draws tons of custom VW's.

My wife and I are very tempted to move to the West Coast for the weather and car craziness (hate the 8.5% sales tax though).

Ray

But that's what a hamburger's all about!

... I always get one per SoCal trip.

Cheers,

Ray

No wonder why our bill at the In-n-Out Burger was so high. Sheesh.

Ray