• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A nuther one: (Actually....a '68)

bugtustlebub

Esteemed forum members,

Me and my buddy, Joe, did an 800 mile round-trip yesterday, to get a pretty nice '67 1600 from Red Bank, NJ.

It's a one family car. Charmonix over blue and grey, 4-speed, with sunroof. Purchased by it's original owner in Switzerland. It hasn't been drive for a while. Mostly garage kept. Euro rear bumper. The speedo is in Km/hour. The odometer reads 56K and change. Perfect dash, headliner, interior panels, seats are good and firm, with black carpet. The dash has quite a bit of bling, too.

VIN 1851699 (IIRC) It's got the first aid kit and tool roll boot. A later steering wheel and a "customized" center console. I'll try to figure out how to post some pics in a day or two.

It'll stay original, including the steelies and hubcaps.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton,(the '02 capital)VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

FYI - VIN 1850001 started in Feb '68.

That's true, but there were several "off the book" 1600's much prior to that.

No clue what "off the book" means. Yes there were other Euro 1600s

1500001 to 1550000 manuf from 3/'66 to 2/'68

1850001 to 1900000 manuf from 2/'68 to 6/'70

2650001 to 2676591 manuf from 6/'70 to 3/'71

The point I was making, was that the car (subject of the original message) would be a '68 and not a '67.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

There are a handful of cars that do not follow the expected VIN number sequence. When researched by their VIN's, they simply don't show up through a conventional search. That's what I meant by "off the book". A good example is the 1600 shown in the first picture of Sislane's picture series "FundayII. The VIN for this car was submitted to Roundel several years ago and at first baffled the most seasoned enthusiasts. It was later determined that this particular car predated any official production years. Just something to think about.

Never let school get in the way of your education!

SiteNamecopy.jpg

There are a handful of cars that do not follow the expected VIN number sequence. When researched by their VIN's, they simply don't show up through a conventional search. That's what I meant by "off the book". A good example is the 1600 shown in the first picture of Sislane's picture series "FundayII. The VIN for this car was submitted to Roundel several years ago and at first baffled the most seasoned enthusiasts. It was later determined that this particular car predated any official production years. Just something to think about.

1600s were "assembled" in Belgium (from '66), Uruguay etc with their own VIN range. Do you know the VIN of this 1600, as i'd be interested to know?

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Esteemed, educated forum members,

This "new" car is a '68, not a '67, according to Andreas Harz at BMW Group Classic.

Pictures to come during this weekend.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton,(the '02 capital)VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

I hope that this works.

Now, I do have more pictures.

The FAQ is telling me that they're too large files.

post-394-13667615315985_thumb.jpg

post-394-13667615318242_thumb.jpg

post-394-13667615320498_thumb.jpg

post-394-13667615322741_thumb.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, and I have an amazing propensity for being mistaken, that odometer reads 58xx km, which is less than 4,000 miles. If that's accurate, you won the jackpot!

williamggruff

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”