• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

73tii Inka in San Diego - Where's Waldo?

Groundhog

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must have the earliest stock CD player in history. I mean, the technology was invented around 1972.. not bad!

Ha!

I missed that one.

Trunk material is black and should be gray - is missing the pieces that protect the wheel wells.

The front bumper looks bent on the right side.

the sunroof has some sort of rubber air diverter placed on the roof.

The rear seatback is drilled out to accomodate the battery cable (at least the didn't route it outside of the car)

No license plates.

Page 58 reads "Common in UK, Rare in USA" for the color Tiaga.

FWIW, that probably means in the 20's maybe fewer came to the US, and if it's original paint, it's probably close to one of a kind in the US now.

It would be nice to know if a digest exists somewhere that show's all of the permutations of colors by year, model, and options.

If you look at the FAQ section there's a color chart under History & Reference. You'll see that Taiga was offered every year the 2002 was made, including the touring models.

There are colors that were only offered for a couple of years. I think those would be much more rare.

Mo's72tii: Since exact numbers weren't kept, it's difficult to know. You may be able to extrapolate the numbers by looking at the '02 registry. IIRC it seems BMW did runs of colors at a time. You might be able to get close by counting the color runs over a long enough period of time.

http://www.bmw2002registry.com/

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers

The only other one that I have seen was the one on You Tube "Flemings Garage"..it sold recently but the video is still up. It is the exact same car..except mine will be much nicer...lol

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

The only other one that I have seen was the one on You Tube "Flemings Garage"..it sold recently but the video is still up. It is the exact same car..except mine will be much nicer...lol

The Flemings car has some severe rust in Dec '06 when it sold on Ebay for a little over $1400. It also had 35k more miles!!

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

They want about 20K for that car!! How did you know about the rust issue?

Mine is a cali car and has 0 rust. It is getting sanded down to metal this week the primed except for the engine bay will be painted.

<p>69 (M2 Project-stalled); 72tii (a) Taiga/ m42 swap in process;91 E30 vert; 2013 Porsche Cayenne GTS; 65 Mustang fastback 500hp+ resto mod in process ;72 Porsche 911s project; 70 2002 M2 2.5L getting closer

The site is this one. Look in the FAQ section under History and Reference and look at the color chart. Taiga says:

1600-2-2002tii 68-75, 2002ti, 1600, Touring Mod. 74, 1502

It appears that the FAQ and Macartney have different dates because he says 72 to 75.

auggiemize: Looking at your list of cars I'd say you have more miles and info than I do. All I did was look on this site.

Craig74tii

1978 Black Trans Am

Mercedes Benz 300CD, 300TD

Jeep Grand Wagoneers