• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ronal R2 wheels.

dyelightning

I paid $1K for a set of 4 NOS in orig box Campy's for the 02 about three years ago. Economy was ok then. I paid $700 for a set of 4 real Alpina's in 9 outa 10 condition for the coupe two months ago to my door ($100 to ship). Economy still sucks.

If I wanted them, I'd probably be willing to pay $750. Just my opinion. They look great, and are mucho desireable to the right person. That and $4.38 will get a cup of Java at Starbucks. Just a guess; I dont drink coffee...Good luck. Dave V. in NC

I remember purchasing these wheels as a close-out from an ad I saw in the back pages of Comp...er...I mean AutoWeek for my '78 E21 Resedagrun.

In 1979 they were worth $114 for the set of four -- centercaps included.

Did I pay too much???

:)

D

1973 2002tii - gone

Inka (aka "Orange Julius")

1974 2002tii - gone

Polaris (aka "Mae West")

1991 318is (aka) "O'Hara")

Brillantrot - High Visibility Daily Driver

BMW CCA #1974 (one of the 308)

deliawolfe@gmail.com

OT: where i can get a spoiler like this on the last pic on the 2002? I see it's a Kamei, but i've never seen it for sale. It's like a Turbo air dam, but the original bumper still sits...

Btw, great vintage pictures, pls post more of these if you have... :)

The BMW 2002 tii VIN 2719550 was manufactured on July 3rd, 1973 and delivered the same day to the BMW dealer Zeiss & Schwärzel in Mannheim. The original colour was Golf, paint code 070.

OT: where i can get a spoiler like this on the last pic on the 2002? I see it's a Kamei, but i've never seen it for sale. It's like a Turbo air dam, but the original bumper still sits...

Btw, great vintage pictures, pls post more of these if you have... :)

Per the mounting instructions, the bumper could have been mounted OVER the airdam.

3.jpg

Here is a link to the album of pics to the unmounted original that is in my garage.. (wink)

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk299/jasongipson/Kamei/

2002 newbie, and dead serious about it.
(O=o00o=O)
Smart Audio Products for your 2002

Santa Cruz mountains for $200, including a full set of original matching "Vial" light alloy lug nuts. Three wheels were in excellent condition, but the fourth had fairly significant curb damage plus a prior repair in the same area as the existing damge; all 4 needed to be repainted.

Cost of repairing the one damaged wheel and having the other three checked for roundness and runout was a bit under $150 - beadblasted and painted them myself, so I'm into the set about $350 (not counting the cost of the round trip from Sacramento to pick them up).

Casting date on my set is in mid-1975 - a set sold at the Bay Area 02 Swap & Show about three years ago with an earlier casting date (1972, I think) - not sure, but i think someone in Santa Barbara bought them (maybe InkaSteve?).

I'd LOVE to find one more with the same casting date so I could run a matching spare, but the I'd guess the odds of finding one matching wheel with the same casting date are on the low side of zero.............

Barry Allen
'69 Sunroof - sold
'82 E21 (daily driver), '82 633CSi (wife's driver) - both sold
66 Chevy Nova wagon (yard & parts hauler)

Casting date on my set is in mid-1975 - a set sold at the Bay Area 02 Swap & Show about three years ago with an earlier casting date (1972, I think) - not sure, but i think someone in Santa Barbara bought them (maybe InkaSteve?).

Not mine, but I sure love the ones I bought (practically stole). Also had to clean up and paint.

CIMG5328.jpg

Before pic

touring010.jpg

Steve

Sm2o.jpg

1974 Inka 1802 Touring, New Daily Driver

1976 Inka 2002 Original Owner (adopted by Scott B.)

My Roundies are bigger than yours

• 4 weeks later...
A little off topic, but did you powder coat your Alpina wheels? I was thinking about painting some black, looks like yours might be a dark gunmetal? Could you post some more pics?

Thanks!

I painted them with Duplicolor High Performance Wheel Paint simply for the fact i did not want to powder coat them because i wasn't too sure about the color. I can get more pics later this week.

icon-1.jpg