• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another July 84 Roundel Car ad: $$ now with pic

jgerock

From the same issue with Jack Fahuna's 74tii:

1973 2002. Ultimate Autocrosser. Built by Ray Korman last year. Car had FTD at Colorado Springs. I gave Ray a blank check and listed below is what he did to the car: 2152cc engine that puts out 192HP at 6800 RPM and 166 lbs. torque at 5500 rpm. The suspension is fully adjustable - 4:22 rear end, 40% locker, New paint job last winter. Alpine stereo. This car was in Atlanta until 1983, absolutely perfect body. Over $ 30,000 invested, $ 22,000 to Ray Korman for the rebuild plus the purchase price of the car and paint job. Car wll be in Boston for Oktoberfest 84. Trade considered or best offer over $ 22,000. Send $10 for photo copy of all bills plus dyno chart. Chris Stauffer, 1512 Lakehurst Drive, Fort Wayne, IN 46815.

This ad has a (Black and white) picture showing turbo-type flares, front spoiler (no front bumper), unusual paint job and possibly Weds wheels (cannot tell). I will scan the picture and post it tomorrow.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

These photos were taken a while ago, before the interior was installed. I have gone through this car and made numerous improvements over the course of the eight+ years of ownership. The mileage is around 90K. I will be selling this car before long, as I don't drive it very often, have too many projects, and limited space for my cars. Since I was replacing the core support and fenders, I chose to eliminate the Turbo bodywork (front air dam, fender flares, and rear spoiler). Besides the high performance engine and the 4.22 40% lockup diff., the car has a custom rear subframe, big brakes and swaybars, BMW 2002 Turbo exhaust, and many other improvements.

post-94-13667614891229_thumb.jpg

post-94-13667614894306_thumb.jpg

That's funny as hell...makes me feel smart! LOL

I was reading the ad thinking 'that sounds just like that car Larry Wilson has" and behold...IT IS! I'd still like to see that car in person before you sell it Larry. I've enjoyed following your progress through pictures and stories since you've owned it.

Budweiser...It's not just for breakfast anymore.

Avatar photo courtesy K. Kreeger, my2002tii.com ©

Larry: Very different looking now than the car in the ad (sorry folks, I was way too busy at work to scan the ad). Will do tomorrow. Would love to drive and hear how it runs.

Bill W.: Both you and I need a set of those wheels (along with skinny fingers for cleaning those spokes).

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"