• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to attain the "Euro" look on a Tii?

Samplemaven

I'm trying to make my Tii resto look as "Euro" version as possible, but I don't really know what all it takes to acheive it.

I have ordered Euro (Italian lens) turn signals, the rear license plate lights that are bumper mounted, I am removing the American side marker lights, installing rear bumper seam covers instead of the stock override protectors, and am removing the rear reflectors. I'll probably add a rear fog lamp on the bumper...with a couple of driving lamps on the front bumper.

I've looked at a lot of pics but only saw two variations on the front bumper override protecters, and one version seemed shorter than the other being the only difference.

I'm also wondering about the lower belt line trim being an American spec.

Can you tell me what I've missed here to be more or less "Euro" on this thing? I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

maybe Euro headlight buckets/ H4's?

other than that the list you have up there seems pretty through and through... not sure about the lower belt trim, but I took it off mine and love the way it looks. (its not like it does anything)

I want to come by and see this beast some time! Is it licensed? maybe you could roll with me and about 15 other (non 02 tho) people to the mountains in GA since it sounds like you are up that way.. Email me if your interested! ^^

-Zac

'72tii

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

You got most of it.

No side reflectors on the front quarters

No side reflectors on the rear quarters

No rear reflectors

No license plate lights mounted on the tail panel

Euro or Italian (single purpose) turn signals - they only work as turn signals unless you wire them with a dual filament bulb

No rear bumperettes (the only real different front bumperettes were on really early euro (non-tii) cars)

You should consider (depending on how close you want to get):

Euro (deep) grilles

Euro H4 buckets with city lights (to make up for the single purpose signals)

No fasten seatbelt buzzer

Gas tank venting to the atmosphere

The knee trim is common to all tii's, no matter where they call(ed) home.

The rear fog is a matter of personal taste as they are not factory (personally I like them)

70 M2 2.5L 

Not sure of the law in GA, but can you run euro rear tag? I think, in NC you can, as long as current tag is on premise, and current. If you want to look northern Euro, mudflaps are way cool. Maybe a vintage Abba decal in the rear glass.

Other tidbits; Dont shower or use deodorant. Do not let your wife shave her legs or pits. If you have a male child, never cut his hair. Wear sunglasses with very wide temples that have no peripheral vision possible. Smoke anywhere you like. Eat and drink what you want, without negative thoughts. Love life... Yes, I do love Europe...Dave V. in NC

Kris..I'm more interested in the Euro look on the exterior than the gas venting and seat buzzers, but that is interesting stuff. Everything else you listed is what I'm looking to do on this car.

Steve @ Blunt and I have already written each other this evening about going with the Euro headlight, lower profile override on the front bumper, and I have asked him about the recessed grills as well.

Thanks for your response...it is very helpful.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

Not sure of the law in GA, but can you run euro rear tag? I think, in NC you can, as long as current tag is on premise, and current. If you want to look northern Euro, mudflaps are way cool. Maybe a vintage Abba decal in the rear glass.

Other tidbits; Dont shower or use deodorant. Do not let your wife shave her legs or pits. If you have a male child, never cut his hair. Wear sunglasses with very wide temples that have no peripheral vision possible. Smoke anywhere you like. Eat and drink what you want, without negative thoughts. Love life... Yes, I do love Europe...Dave V. in NC

Don't know about a rear tag in GA, but I'm considering using a old tag I have from a European Delivery I did a couple of years ago. On the mudflaps...I like them, and if they were understated enough would consider them.

I have already fully implemented the European hygiene regimen.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

In addition to all the above; if you do the Euro look on the inside of the cabin also, you need to get rid of the gear shift pattern on the dash and the lettering advising what the switches do, and get the Euro switch knobs with the icons on.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

In addition to all the above; if you do the Euro look on the inside of the cabin also, you need to get rid of the gear shift pattern on the dash and the lettering advising what the switches do, and get the Euro switch knobs with the icons on.

Yeah, I was wondering about that...and also removal of the "Fasten Seat Belt" light also occurred to me.

My dash has to be refinished anyway, so I was going to have the FSB light removed (if possible) and removing the shift pattern ought to be easy enough.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

Euro look

Bumper license lights and Euro overiders and Euro license plate

Europlate2.jpg

H4 light bucket with city light and flat turn signals

Aug3014.jpg

No side or rear markers

Aug2906.jpg

No seat belt warning sign

Aug513.jpg

No dash lettering and Euro Bus wheel and chrome heater bezels

IMG_3172.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Hi Bill,

It looks like I'm on my way to getting all the parts needed to go "Euro". I asked Steve @ Blunt to look into the "deep" grills that Kris in Toronto mentioned to me last night.

I'll be removing all the side marker lights, rear reflecters, USA license plate lights before we paint.

Thanks for your post...great looking car BTW.

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368