• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to attain the "Euro" look on a Tii?

Samplemaven

You might want to add hvac plates in German. Also a Petri sport wheel would look great. Depends on your taste and how much sticker shock you have. The grilles, buckets and wheel are pricey.

I don't know what my tolerance to 'sticker shock' is, but there's not much that comes cheap on this car.

I'm glad I'm doing this to keep the car for a while...so at least I can justify what I'm doing by driving it for a long time.

Thanks,

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

You might want to add hvac plates in German. Also a Petri sport wheel would look great. Depends on your taste and how much sticker shock you have. The grilles, buckets and wheel are pricey.

The HVAC plates in German is a pretty cool idea!

Samplemaven

BMWCCA #420368

'72 2002 Tii Inka restoration project

'07 550i Titanium Silver, steptronic...ED 2006

I am running a Euro tag here in GA and I haven't had any problems with it, so you may want to consider that too.. I have my regular tag in the rear window, but soon i think ill take it down and put in behind my front seat. I have been pulled over by state patrol and he didn't say anything about it ;)

IMG_2219.jpg

Im going to reply to your email here in a few minutes too

Zac Cardinal

1972 2002tii's Blog

1976 2002 "Margie"s blog

IMG_2146copy.jpg

Euro look

==> H4 light bucket with city light and flat turn signals

no dash lettering and Euro Bus wheel and chrome heater bezels

you've mighty fine taste, Bill. mighty fine. It's great to see what this board offers in restoration & rejuvenation work.

care to share the cost of your H4 set-up?

heck, I'd like to know about the chrome bezels & knobs, too-- since redo-ing the dash will remove the lettering.

“My fan mail is enormous. Everyone is under six.” —Alexander Calder

Ben — ('74 rebuild in primer)

I don't know what my tolerance to 'sticker shock' is, but there's not much that comes cheap on this car.

I'm glad I'm doing this to keep the car for a while...so at least I can justify what I'm doing by driving it for a long time.

Thanks,

hahaha...cheap is surely relative.....look at 911 or GTV parts prices.

I think 02s are worth redoing....but it can be a tough call.....especially if you get above a certain cost....

One downside( that I see) to redoing 02s is ....say you spend 15-20k to restore one...its harder to get that money back than getting the money back on a 911..or a 356...or even a muscle car....etc. You need to do it simply as a labor of love.....you love the car...you love driving it..etc..

hopefully as more get re-done to a hi level, the resale market will move up......