• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage at the Vineyards , May 28-30, 2010 Dobson, NC

We are Bringing my Wifes 74 2002 from Central Florida. We would love to Ride up to V@V with some other 2002's. This will be the first drive in her 2002 and would like to not be alone...just incase:)

69 2002

04 GTI 1.8T Daily Driver

1974 2002 (Wife's car)

**Vintage BMW meet Uptown Altamonte Springs, 2nd Saturday 7pm Near 436 and I-4 in Altamonte Springs FL Email me for details***

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have a safe drive from Cocoa Beach, and tell Major Nelson and Genie that Scott says "hey" :-)

Haha, yeah that's me and I'll pass that along to the Genie.

We are Bringing my Wifes 74 2002 from Central Florida. We would love to Ride up to V@V with some other 2002's. This will be the first drive in her 2002 and would like to not be alone...just incase:)

Sweet. Would you like to leave as early as Thursday morning? I really wanted to get up there the day before and enjoy as much as possible. I would love to ride along side you guys. Check into that caravan forum too.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

• 4 weeks later...
Have a safe drive from Cocoa Beach, and tell Major Nelson and Genie that Scott says "hey" :-)

Sweet. Would you like to leave as early as Thursday morning? I really wanted to get up there the day before and enjoy as much as possible. I would love to ride along side you guys. Check into that caravan forum too.

Greg/Michael, I will already be in NC, but the Tampa bunch (02's, E24's, etc.) are leaving on Thursday and stopping in SC, arriving at V@V on Friday. You can contact Bob Ziegler (FSC chapter pres. and E24 driver) through the website fscbmwcca.org if you want to meet up with that bunch. Look forward to seeing you guys. It is a real treat for me to see the look on people's faces who are attending V@V for the first time. It is simply a fabulous event and a great bunch of folks. Getting excited just thinking about it. Very cool that the Fl. representation is so high. Tim

More former BMW's than it is possible to list.

Greg/Michael, I will already be in NC, but the Tampa bunch (02's, E24's, etc.) are leaving on Thursday and stopping in SC, arriving at V@V on Friday. You can contact Bob Ziegler (FSC chapter pres. and E24 driver) through the website fscbmwcca.org if you want to meet up with that bunch. Look forward to seeing you guys. It is a real treat for me to see the look on people's faces who are attending V@V for the first time. It is simply a fabulous event and a great bunch of folks. Getting excited just thinking about it. Very cool that the Fl. representation is so high. Tim

Thanks Tim, I'm looking into it.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

Received my "packet" about 1 week ago. Very nice Scott!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. The Quickie Mart/BP gas station should be fully stocked with ice cream, gasoline and other refreshments.

Some pics from last year's event

Who's that man in the yellow car - will he pay for my fill-up??

ad835367.jpg

cd23d177.jpg

Front gate to Shelton Vineyards

2dfeda85.jpg

MMMMMMMalaga Madness

eb5f0150.jpg

ded81a82.jpg

All those cars parking around the water "hazard"- bring a wheel chock! Ben's 1602

061ac530.jpg

Kris - can't wait to talk to you for more than two minutes about your gorgeous tii (wipers working?).

004b9c89.jpg

Just a fantastic setting for a car show

ba1caae3.jpg

Hampton Inn front lot

pics52409034.jpg

Part of the rear lot

pics52409037.jpg

Hmm - this car seems familiar

pics52409036.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Does anyone have a recommended "scenic" route coming from the south (FL east coast)?

The common sense approach takes you up I-95 most of the way, and then I-26 and I-77. I wouldn't mind taking I-95 but then take advantage of better scenery during the second half of the trip if possible. Nothing too slow because 10.5 hours is the estimated trip time if I take the highways all the way up.

Michael Rose

'91 Porsche 964
'00 Dodge Durango
'13 Honda Pilot

95 to US 74

US74 to US220

220 to 40

40 to 52

52 to Mt Airy

On 220 you will pass the Seagrove area. another Pugh inspired hangout area.

It is alot faster than going to all the way to Charlotte. It was my preferred route to head to Myrtle Beach when I lived off 52. You can stop at the Stuckey's on 52 and buy a shot glass or 2.

If you want even more fun get on SC9 and run that to Us 1 to 220.

ONE WEEK TO GO!!

Check your oil sump, wheel lug nuts, wheel bearings, alternator belt, CV joint bolts and tire pressure.

Bring your sunblock, folding chair, detailing items, camera, some cash and your appetite for some Vintage Bimmer goodness.

Jim Gerock

anyone from dc area heading down friday morning? i plan on departing alexandria at 6:30am, heading west on 66 and then down 81. red pickup and 26ft white enclosed trailer with "ML2 Motorsports" on sides. will have cb and frs radios.

2xM3

from Leesburg, 7W to 81S to 77S until we hit traffic. I'll be in the E28, so might be able to catch up with you! I understand Jim G. is traveling with you.

E-mail me and we'll swap cell #s.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

from Leesburg, 7W to 81S to 77S until we hit traffic. I'll be in the E28, so might be able to catch up with you! I understand Jim G. is traveling with you.

E-mail me and we'll swap cell #s.

John - Marshall and I will be travelling separately as of today. I'm attending my uncle's funeral service Thursday in New Bern, NC, then crossing up/over to Dobson on Friday morning.

Jim Gerock