• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud Papa...

JackF

My 26 yr old daughter just called. She has been in training to become an air traffic controller for the past year at LA Tower. She was signed off today. She now is a certified controller at LAX.

She attended Embry-Riddle Univ to become a pilot and after flying for a couple years decided that wasn't going to do it for her. Having minored in ATC she applied to the FAA and got a shot.

So, I am so very proud of her. She gets to put her head in a vice every day and make a decent living doing very serious work. Damn she is fine!

My 26 yr old daughter just called. She has been in training to become an air traffic controller for the past year at LA Tower. She was signed off today. She now is a certified controller at LAX.

She attended Embry-Riddle Univ to become a pilot and after flying for a couple years decided that wasn't going to do it for her. Having minored in ATC she applied to the FAA and got a shot.

So, I am so very proud of her. She gets to put her head in a vice every day and make a decent living doing very serious work. Damn she is fine!

Congrats to her and you... makes me want to go rent (well, download) "Pushing Tin" ;)

Congrats Jack,

Shure sounds like she has the right stuff. I have three of them that all turned out just fine despite their degenerate dad.

Yeah, I moved far away from where I grew up. When the kids were 9&12 my sister moved up by us and started telling them "Your father" stories. I had to get on her pretty hard to clam up as I denied everything, when if fact, I did everything. My girls are wonderful, as I am sure your kids are.

We are lucky!

"In twenty years, you will regret the things that you didn't do more that the things that you did!" Mark Twain