• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1975 BMW 2002 for Sale So.Cal

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I had this for sale before, but a couple month's ago the rear end went out. I believe a gear is broken. I don't know for sure as I have not taken it apart, but that is what it sounds and feels like. So I am reducing the price to $3400.

DSCF4940.jpg

DSCF4936.jpg

The car runs and starts great besides the rear end. Engine is a 1.8 out of 320i, with a real electronic ignition(not petronix converted) and a 318i matchbox, using a petronix coil. Weber 32/36 tuned nicely. Starts up everytime, first time. Engine is real clean and looked like it was rebuilt. 5 speed tranny, clutch still has a lot of life left. Ran great. I'm guessing the rear end went out because the car probably never saw constant speeds of 80ish on the freeway. 320i radiator, 318i alternator(internally regulated), new water pump, head gasket replaced. All cv shafts are rebuilt. Wheels only have a couple 1000 miles on them. Bilsteins, Anza muffler, headers.

This car was built to be a daily driver and not a show car. Still needs a couple things here and there. Speedo cable broke on me. I have all the pieces to the car such as bumpers and trim. Have extra pieces too as well as the stock 2.0 engine that probably needs to be rebuilt and the stock 4 speed. Also have the original wheels. Needs a stereo and speakers(if you want). Little odds and ends need to be addressed(like any older car, but thats part of the fun right!)

Pop on a new diff and this thing is golden. any questions email me at fo0manchu at gmail.com. thanks.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the offer rover1, but I just want to sell it. I already got one project that I'm working on and just picked up an e21 for my daily driver. Yah, i think your right about the price, I saw another one that was pretty sweet for 3500. What do you think a fair price would be?

I thought my price was fair due to how good the engine and tranny were, but i guess a lot of people are looking for something to restore to show quality status(body wise that is).

fooman,

i saw this car on CL awhile back. Didn't you buy it on CL and posted the car f/s following week?

what's wrong with the thing? I have stock rear diff for 50 bucks. You might want to get it running asking that kind of price.

Guest Anonymous

I had it up on craigslist a couple times draco.

I bought this car about 2years ago down in san diego, i restored it to how it is now. When I got it, it was in pretty beat up shape and had a lot of rust. About 98% of the rust is gone, except in the rear wheel well. I cut out all the rust and just welded in patch panels (not replacement panels). Thats why I say it shouldn't be used for a show quality car. I listed it, but was on the fence if I really wanted to sell it or keep it. So I didn't post another add until recently.

Nothing is wrong with it except for the rear diff. It was my daily driver until the diff went out. I just lost interest in this project car. The motor came out of a previous e21 that I had that was my daily driver for 2 years. I parted out the car, pulled the motor and while it was out, changed most the gaskets including the head gasket. Upon inspection, the motor was pretty darn clean. The clutch also looked good. The motor is really solid and ran great. The car felt smooth and stable at 100mph. But it is still a project as it needs little things like radio, PO cut speakers to put in door panels so there are holes there, front windsheild has a crack... and some other little things but nothing major.

I recently purchased a e21 and that will be my daily. I also have a turbo'd datsun 510, and that is where all my money is going. I have owned datsuns for the past 9 years, so that is why I am keeping the datsun. I'm a datsun guy. So I figure I'd sell the 2002 rather than have it sit at my house doing nothing. I would rather have an enthusiast have fun with it. If I have the urge to get another 2002 then I will do so later.

Thanks for the offer on the diff. I might take you up on it if it doesn't sell.